• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300BLK AAC handi rifle

Re: 300BLK AAC handi rifle

anyone know where to place a pre-order?

or if this is going to happen for sure?

i cant pass one of these up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe this is a stupid question, but could you just order one in .223, pull the barrel off and have a smith re-chamber it in .300 BO and thread the barrel? </div></div>

Considering the 300BLK is a 30 cal bullet ... NOT gonna happen. </div></div>

DERPP!!!!!

I came back to this thread to delete my post!! I was getting some work done and I dont know why that question popped back into my head and I realized how stupid it was.

Nevermind!!!

Good to know the Handi 300WTF isn't tango uniform, hope the stated March availability is accurate.

For those of you who jump people for calling them silencers....that was AAC saying that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chabrone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you who jump people for calling them silencers....that was AAC saying that. </div></div> referring to it as a "silencer" isn't as accurate as a "suppressor" but it's such an iconic term for what you're describing...that it's 100% acceptable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the vid I was talking about.

AAC H&R SHOT vid

</div></div>

The guy doing that interview sounded thrilled to be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chabrone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you who jump people for calling them silencers....that was AAC saying that. </div></div> referring to it as a "silencer" isn't as accurate as a "suppressor" but it's such an iconic term for what you're describing...that it's 100% acceptable.

</div></div>

Being that some of the original patents referred to them as silencers I would say it is accurate. Unfortunately some people love to nitpick.
The mags and clips thing gets to me but silencer not so much

March is 6 days away, still nothing on AAC's site, no updates.

Still on for March?

I know they showed the thing at SHOT, but no one has info, distributors don't have prices or SKUs, AAC's blog still says "when/if".

I have been waiting for the "true" release of these.
The 300blk is a neat lil round.

Mixed signals on this all around: months of yelling "March", then nothing once March arrived, no website update, no release date, no firm details to distributors.

I don;t mind being told I'm wrong, but it bothers me when I'm not wrong.

As I said months ago, don't hold your breath on this one.

And, for clarify, I hope I am wrong, because I too want one.

I got a ship notice and my card has been charged, we'll see if it is the real deal.

Update to follow.

Never mind the ship notice, they ran my card.

Rifles still not available, no word on anticipated ship dates.

AAC has been strangely quiet lately.

He sure took the time to post some really nice photos and details but hasn't followed through on any of the pertinent information and if they were charging my card without a shipping notice then I'd be looking for some answers. ER Shaw's 300 Savage barrel just hit the market so AAC may lose out on my money.

I wonder if they're second guessing the cartridge after Savage dropped it from their line followed by a pretty smug press release soon after?

June is ending, still nothing.

Might be about time to start talking refund.

I have no problem waiting on something, but being lied to - repeatedly - I have a problem with that.

Maybe RSilver meant March 2013 or 2014, my bad for not clarifying.

This is listed as a new item on my wholesalers page. The item number is 102602 and here's the info listed.

"AAC H&R Handi-Rifle Single Shot .300 Blackout 16 Inch Threaded Barrel,Black Polymer Stock, optics ready, break action single shot is configured for silencer use with 5/8-24 muzzle threads. Includes a Picatinny scope rail and has no iron sights. Lightweight profile 16.1 inch barrel with 1:7 inch twist rate. Phosphate coated steel action and barrel. Lightweight black, high-density polymer stock and forend. Equipped with H&R Transfer Bar System."

It should retail between $300 and $350 based on my cost and my assumption of most other dealer's mark up. I don't know when it will be available, however I will be snagging one at this price.

AAC now says last week of July, "maybe." Still waiting on parts from H&R so they can build the rifles.

Update:

According to Customer Service at AAC, everything is on its way to them and the Handi 300s will be shipping out later this month.

More to follow.

That is the same thing they told me a couple days ago.
smile.gif

Got a call from the shop selling these, says the rifles are going out next week,

More to follow.

Exactly 361 days after the initial post, the AAC 300BLK handi rifle is home.

First impression, the threading is sloppy. Then again, a good thread job is usually $100-150 and the whole rifle was $350, so I can't be too upset. The 30P-1 will never meet the AAC handi, once joined, I don't think they could ever be unjoined.

It is scoped and will be on the range shortly.

Should be fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly 361 days after the initial post, the AAC 300BLK handi rifle is home.

First impression, the threading is sloppy. Then again, a good thread job is usually $100-150 and the whole rifle was $350, so I can't be too upset. The 30P-1 will never meet the AAC handi, once joined, I don't think they could ever be unjoined.

It is scoped and will be on the range shortly.

Should be fun.</div></div>

What about some pictures. I've been thinking this would make a great saddle / truck gun. Also where did you buy it?

Ok that is what wanted to know. My stuff that has factory threads that are 2A are loose compaired to 3A.
Pretty sure those will be 2A from the factory so they dont have any stuck cans to deal with.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now tell me, how do I get one? </div></div> bullseyeindoorrange.com shows that they have some in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pictures coming. </div></div>

Update.... Pictures with range report?

I have heard nothing from my dealer.......

Man you have no idea how bad I want to get one of those but after seeing only two reports of them and both being negative I'm kinda hesitant. A guy on barfcom is saying the accuracy blows and and a guy here says the threading is sloppy.

I really want a dedicated subsonic gun for shooting 100 yards and in and this would be perfect.

Threading is same you get with any factory rifle 2A threads. No big deal.

Link to the thread with bad groups? Want to see what loads he is shooting, how far. Details man details.

I just search handirifle 300blk on google and it came up.

The factory threads on my AAC-SD weren't sloppy and neither were the ones on the one my friend bought.

I've had 3A threads on several rifles done by various smiths and they were all tight. The threads on both samples of AAC-SD's were just as tight, no play at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was more or less thinking this would make a nice deer gun for my son. </div></div>

Unless you're going to suppress it why not save $100 and buy a handi rifle in 30-30? It's basically the same thing and ammo is half the cost and there are a lot better choices for ammo in 30-30 for game. Not to mention you can buy it anywhere?