• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300blk brass saw set up.

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
Here's my harbor freight black out brass set up. Works great and you can process brass quite quickly.
EA56593C-9725-42C9-B2A5-B25139E8F9FA-25962-000002CC27C9F83B.jpg

You've inspired me to rework my setup. By the way, I recommend you pull that saw apart and add some loc-tite to the set screws that hold the gears to the driveshafts....

did you dado the block or route??? what size slot works best to hold the shell?

I just used a dado blade, made quick work of it. However, just after the final pass on the table saw I thought I should have used a router and and left wood for the brass stop instead of glueing in a dowel. I may flip over the wood and do just that.

Do you use your finger to lift the brass out of the groove ? The reason I ask is if the stop was removable once cut the uncut brass could push the cut brass out of the slot ?

Last edited:
Brass sticks up high enough you just roll it out with your finger. I drilled a hole below so shavings could just fall through. Although most of them seem to go elsewhere.

On my set up you don't touch the brass once its cut. You simply add another case and they feed along the groove and there is a small hole at the end of the groove for the case neck to fall through and the case to go on over and out into a tray. I cut the groove with a table saw and put a roll pin in the wood for my gauge stop. I would bother to router unless you really want to.