• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300BLK Powders

NFW

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2013
What kind of powders have yall been using with 300 blk, plan to launch 120gr pills out of a 12.5" barrel. Trying to reach that 2200 mark.

H110 or W296 are the same powder and will get the job done for you. Are you shooting the Barnes bullet? And where did you find the 12.5” barrel”. Custom barrel I assume I have been looking for one.

I could not get the CFe BLk to work very well with the 120 grainers

I should have mentioned: I'm running a 16" bolt action. Big difference. I'd be surprised if the 110 didn't produce for you.

Reactions: Geno C.
What kind of powders have yall been using with 300 blk, plan to launch 120gr pills out of a 12.5" barrel. Trying to reach that 2200 mark.

Out of my 10.5":

I get 125's to a little over 2000 with 20gr lil gun.

I get the 110 barnes to 2230 with 20gr H110 (although quickload shows this pretty over pressure, my primers are fine).

H110, 296, LiL Gun all work good with supers.

My sub combo is 11.4 gr of CFE BLK with the Maker Rex 220 gr. 3/4" at 50 yds going 990fps.

I'm going to have to try Alan98's sub recipe too. Always gotta tinker.

w296 works well for barnes 110 and Nosler 125 for me. The Noslers are going 2160, but I am not running them super hot IMO.

H110 or W296 and 125gn SST with a cheap Ruger Ranch will put 10 rounds in one hole I can cover with a nickel. I was really surprised by that rifle.

H110 or W296 are the same powder and will get the job done for you. Are you shooting the Barnes bullet? And where did you find the 12.5” barrel”. Custom barrel I assume I have been looking for one.

Optics Planet had them in stock for a short time but its a CMMG barrel. I know only a few companies make a 12.5" blackout barrel. So far with just Barnes factory loads its shooting MOA which I'm really surprised hearing 300blkout isn't that accurate of a round. But I'm definitely planning to keep shooting 120 Barnes. Shot a pretty good deer the other day and at 100 yards those things did some damage.

Optics Planet had them in stock for a short time but its a CMMG barrel. I know only a few companies make a 12.5" blackout barrel. So far with just Barnes factory loads its shooting MOA which I'm really surprised hearing 300blkout isn't that accurate of a round. But I'm definitely planning to keep shooting 120 Barnes. Shot a pretty good deer the other day and at 100 yards those things did some damage.

I was told the same thing about 300blk, it isnt that accurate. Thats what got me to build a 300blk AR. I set out to prove that statement right or wrong. I actually went through 3 or 4 barrels, thinking these statements were correct, 300blk isnt an accurate round. The first 2 or 3 barrels were junk accuracy wise at 100yd over MOA. The last barrel I bought, a 10.5" Rainier Ultramatch 300blk is an absolute tack driver. Ive had both their Gen1 and Gen2 version of this barrel and they are both equally as accurate.

Here is my 300blk load development with that barrel and final load confirmation. All with H110 and LC formed brass.

New Barrel Break in and testing first rounds down the Ultramatch barrel with 18gr H110 / Sierra 125 TMK..

Sierra 125 TMK / H110 OCW

125 TMK / 18.6gr H110 Load Confirmation
7 five shot groups AGG: 0.521"

Reactions: Codiekfx400
The 125 SMK is very accurate and good for shooting steel but expansion for defense or hunting is non-existant. My buddy and I shot them into water and wet phone books covered with denim. The 125 SMK stayed 100% in tact and just slightly bent. Recovered bullet looked like a banana.

The 125 TMK is nasty. It opens up nicely with pedals kind of like a Federal HST pistol round. We tested the above 125TMK H110 load above also in water and wet phone books with denim. The 125 TMK is also what Black Hills uses in their 300blk defensive ammo.