• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300gn Berger hybrid performance question

Nostradumbass

Falconer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2009
    NE Texas
    I'm running a 24" 338 lapua with the Berger hybrid projos. Depending on what loads Im running, I've got a MV of 2556avg, or 2611fps.
    Ive ran it out to 1300yds and it's <1moa, closer to 1/2moa at such distance. I tried 1600yds and due to ambient conditions, I hit a larue size steel target with >50% of shots fired.
    When the conditions are better, I've got it in my head to try a mile with this stick. The bullets will be close to subsonic at that range, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any results hitting accurately with these bergers once they transition to subsonic.
    The details in the bullet describes it as remaining stable at subsonic speeds, and I emailed Brian Litz, but havent heard back.
    And I know all I have to do is go shoot and see.......but still I'd like to hear your input.
    Thanks!

Phillip

Re: 300gn Berger hybrid performance question

I have took them through the subsonic transition many times and was very pleased with the results. I think you will be too. They handle the transition way better than the 300 SMK in my experience.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeff,
    Can you remind us what altitude you've shot those bullets thru transonic?
    Thanks,
    -Bryan </div></div>

Most, if not all,, have been fired from 3500 to 4000 ft at an uphill shoot angle to probably 5000 plus feet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have took them through the subsonic transition many times and was very pleased with the results. I think you will be too. They handle the transition way better than the 300 SMK in my experience.

Jeff </div></div>

I agree with Jeff. That bullet took my .338LM to another level. Both in accuracy and distance....

Glad you guy are doing most of the leg work on these I have some for mu 338 Win Mag just haven't loaded any up. I have loaded up some 300 Lapua's and they work great only need to dial up 28 moa's from my 100 to hit at 1000 and 71 moa's to hit at 1760 one mile. It's to bad the dang wind doesn't help much LOL.

These do verry well in the transonic change over.... You will NOT have a problem I use a 10 twist and @2500Y they do well....

I am able to push he Berger 300 Hybrid to 2900 fps out of my long throated 338 Lapua, and transonic range here at Gunsite was 2024 meters.. did quite get out that far, but went to 2000 meters without any difficulty...