• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 AI style mags - Alpha Ind.?

Ruger_Fan

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2014
Hello guys wondering if anyone has any experience with Alpha Ind. and the Alpha Mags? i purchased a couple in the end of Dec. and only received 1 of the 2 i paid for. i reached out and they apologized and said they would ship the missing mag out asap. They shipped me the incorrect mag unfortunately so i contacted them again and they apologized and committed to ship the correct the mag right away however that was 2 months ago now and i have had zero responses to emails or calls. i am wondering if they are out of business or just unreliable as a company. Sadly i trusted them since they had been communicating with me and now since i didn't go after them right away with my credit card company the cc company says i waited too long. Just wondering if this is par for the course and they are just a con job company or if anyone knows if they have gone out of business or something that would explain such unacceptable customer service.

This forum is littered with posts relaying experiences with poor communication between the customer and Alpha. My experience with contacting Chris has been hit or miss, all I can say is keep trying. I'm sure Chris is a good guy and I understand that he is a full time firefighter but I think he got in over his head with the magazines.

that's the plan so far is i keep contacting him and saying "hey you seemed to want to be honorable and provide my mags" that's why i don't understand why he went dark. My hopes is he stands up and sends me my mag or a credit at this point and frankly it's more about the principle than the $70 at this point as i gave him the benefit of the doubt to not turn him in for cc fraud from the beginning as i was sure he would come through. Thanks for the reply i guess i'm unsure if i'm glad to know this isn't unusual for him or not.

Alpha mags suck. 7 rds Max before body swells to big for mag well. Piss poor communication skills. Aics mags or accurate mag have been best for me.

I only ordered one alpha mag, and it was over the phone. Seemed like a stand up guy.

I wanted to like their mags, really I did. Shorter profile than the AICS/AM but at the end of the day, I could not get them to feed as reliably as the real deal. So it is relegated to my plinking/beater mag.

I e noticed even when they are empty i have to slam them in to get them to seat. Gonna try a little file work on the mags and see how it goes. If not ill just use the AI mags.

I have 4 or 5 type3 and 4 or 5 type4 Alpha magazines.

Actually getting them was like pulling teeth. I ordered them all at the same time - luckily the 3's were in stock and shipped pretty much right away. The type4s were "about 2 weeks out" for a year.

Each time I called, the story was the "coating shop messed up and has to redo the coating". Seriously, I got that same story a good 6 or 7 times.

I was promised extra magazines for free, shipping reimbursement etc etc, but got none of the above. Really, all I ever cared about was getting the product I had purchased.

I also don't think Chris has ever had any "fraudulent intent", and never meant to shaft anybody, but nonetheless, that is exactly what he's been doing for several years now.

In terms of the magazines themselves: Mine work fine after a bunch of tuning. I don't know if they'd work well in someone else's rifle, but they work great in mine, but I had to tweak the feedlips, tweak the springs to change the way the follower wanted to cant, and I had to change the shape of the ramp on the follower by grinding on it.

I would not recommend Alpha Industries.