• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 AR bolt carrier?

1957pistol

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2011
upstate, NY
Looking for some help:
I am building (or trying to build) an AR in .260 (308 platform). I have my barrel already cut for 260 as well as the bolt. I have my stripped upper and lower (MEGA 308 in nickel boron).
I am in need of a few things and just can not find them due to the current political scare.

Mainly, I need a 308 bolt carrier. MEGA is a DPMS platform not sure if it matters. If anyone can point me in the right direction company wise that may have these in stock that would be great.
feel free to PM me if you are a shop/company with one in stock or know of where I can find one. Stainless would be great but right now anything would do.

Re: 308 AR bolt carrier?

Call Young Manufacturing. They just released a chrome bolt carrier for .308, it's not on their site but if you call them, they should take care of you.

I picked up a JP assembly from here on the Hide. Going to try to get the handguard and screw it all together in the new few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is silver it is chrome not stainless, not much difference you will ever notice

by default you will have to settle on this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416303/dpms-bolt-carrier-lr-308-matte

you will still need the gas key/screws</div></div>

This is what I just ordered and received last week and put in a JP bolt that matched my barrel.
I Gunkoted the carrier in high lube black but that is just me.
If you wanted someone could NP3 the carrier or similar easily.
I might look at Young Mfg's new 308 BCG that is already stainless.

Call Young Manufacturing, They had some in stock a week ago when I popped in to pick one up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr45acp2u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the carrier. they dont make bolts. </div></div>

They don't make bolts for 308 ARs. Get one from JP, the Young Carriers works well with the JP Bolt

6101999860_2ee7a45d9e_b.jpg

I had a local smith tell me a customer brought him a Y/M 308 carrier for a build and the forward assist serrations were too low to work with the upper receiver. Unfortunately, I didn't get what kind of upper it was. Anyone else experienced this or heard of such an issue? I would like to use one with a POF upper.

Just wondering where you guys are finding the YM .308 bolt carriers. Also, does Young have a website? Can't find it on a google search. Maybe if someone can post the link it would be much appreciated.