• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

308 AR - Knights MAMS ?

reefmadness

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2013
building a 16" 308 with Rainer ultra match stainless barrel, JP bcg, free floated PRI tube, etc... I have a MAMS on my 556 and love it - the product not the price. My question is - Does any one know if the 7.62 MAMS will negatively effect accuracy out past 100 yards? might seem like a stupid question but most brakes I see on AR-308s are more "open" like the PRI type breaks.

After talking with bm11; I put a MAMS on my ECC and really like it. Muzzle stays very flat and blast isn't as bad as with the SOCOM brake.

I had NO degradation of accuracy with it installed. I was pleased enough with it that I had Wes at MSTN put a 5.56 MAMS on a build he recently did for me.

I believe the MAMS is stainless, not iconel like the triple tap. Although I would probably prefer iconel, more interested in functionality than material.... Shooter0311 thank you that is the exact info I am looking for - (real 1st person) - Any one else with experience please chime in.. Thanks