• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 AR Pistol Build

20wkorus

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
San Antonio
I've been playing with the idea of building a 12.5" .308 AR pistol, any suggestions for buffer weight, barrel twist, brands. Any info helps.

I've been playing with the idea of building a 12.5" .308 AR pistol, any suggestions for buffer weight, barrel twist, brands. Any info helps.

I would contact Craddock Precision for the barrel. They will probably tell you that 13.5 with a midlength gas system or a 12.5 with a carbine +1“ will be best for reliability suppressed and unsuppressed. They also recommended 1-10 twist when I inquired.

Reactions: 20wkorus
I have one for sale if interested. It’s a POF. Pretty cheap. 1300
[/QUOTE

My newly arrived pistol. It needs to be field tesed to make sure its a keeper though.
05D8177F-28C1-4496-AA20-4CFB86939545.jpeg

Noveske N6 Leonidas

These shorty .308s get pretty violent once you're around 12" in my experience. One of my friends tamed his a decent amount with a JP Silent Captured Spring, I believe the H2 version with one of the stiffer springs installed. May be worth it for you to check it out.