• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 Brass Question

Infinity

Always Professional
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2012
Atlanta, GA, USA
Hi All,
I'm learning lots but am definitely still a reloading noob. I have been reloading fgmm brass and realize that I need more brass. I have the opportunity to get up to 500 pieces of new (never fired) Remington brass for $5 per 20 pieces. Should I jump all over it? I'm leaning towards yes but after all I've read about Lapua, Nosler, Winchester, etc. I want to make sure I'm making a good decision. Thanks all,
Adam

I would buy the Remington. You can weight sort it and end up with very consistent brass if you put a bit of work into it. If Remington and Lapua were both sitting in front of me I would take the Lapua every time. Just more consistent. For most purposes Rem brass with be fine and if you take the time to weight sort it and depending on your application neck turn it it will be competitive.

Vpexp made some good points above, but I'm not real sure what you looking to use it for. Lapua is a great brass and is all I'll use in my custom bolt gun. However, in my AR10 I refuse to use lapua. In my opinion its just too rough (dents and dings) for the price of lapua and don't add that much capability to my AR10.

Ether way, if prepped correctly Remington brass can be as competitive as the next.

Hi All,
I'm learning lots but am definitely still a reloading noob. I have been reloading fgmm brass and realize that I need more brass. I have the opportunity to get up to 500 pieces of new (never fired) Remington brass for $5 per 20 pieces. Should I jump all over it? I'm leaning towards yes but after all I've read about Lapua, Nosler, Winchester, etc. I want to make sure I'm making a good decision. Thanks all,
Adam

$25/100 pcs. is well under 'normal', even pre-panic prices.

I'll send you $150 for 500 pieces and I'll pay for the flat rate box.

I even have some Chick-fil-a coupons I'll throw in for 'good will'.

Chris

Chris,
Hahaha, nice try. If I end up with extra I'll let you know (although very unlikely). If we had Chick-Fil-A here, I woulda tried to barter brass for chicken nuggets :D.