• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.308 Carbine vs 6.8 Carbine

michael357

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2011
For SHTF and gun and run situations.

Which one would you choose ?

.308 Carbine vs 6.8 Carbine

Re: .308 Carbine vs 6.8 Carbine

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t59MQFyeNJM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t59MQFyeNJM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Soda Popinski vs. michael357: Popinski in three rounds!

Seriously, sonny, go play video games or something, would you, please?

FAL

It is so easy to fall in love with FAL, It is sexy classic.

They call FAL the arm of the free world for a reason, It fought more wars than you can count.

FN made a mistake by making a lighter, softer recoil , more accurate more modern , more argonomic rifle and name it SCAR 17.

308, ammo availability. Anything the military uses is typically around in abundance. 6.8 is far from as widely availability as .308, for at least a few more years. When you can buy 6.8 by the 1000 in crates, or the military adopts it, then it can be a SHTF round.

If we are talking 16" or shorter rigs, go for the 6.8. Less blast, less recoil, lighter and 80% the power of .308. What is not to like?

I love the 6.8, I think it would be great in a SHTF situation since you can pack it light and hold more ammo compared to a 308, but I would go with the 308 based on ammo availability alone. A FAL would be a great choice, or an M1A.