• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 GAP Hospitaller Anyone?

VYD

Ambush Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Just ordered one and was wondering what factory Match load you are running and how far have you pushed it? Do 175 grains do well in 11 twist Bartlein?
Thanks.

Great gun!!! I hope to own one one day. I'm building a poor mans version as we speak.

175/178's and the 185's will work really really well in that rifle and twist rate. If reloading you can use IMR 4064, Varget, MR2000, or RL15. They will all get you similar results with Varget and MR2000 probably working the best but they are extremely hard to get right now. H4895 is another great 308 powder.

The Hospitaller's are freakishly accurate so I'm sure you will be impressed.

I have one I just picked up last August, 2013. It is amazingly accurate.

I have shot both the 168 grain and the 175 grain SMK out of Federal GMM.

I get better results from reloading. I am currently running a 155 grain Lapua Scenar at 2900 fps. They work much better past 500 meters. 44.5 grains of Varget, Federal 210 primers. Federal GMM brass.

Oh, and there is no difference between cold bore, clean bore, warm bore and hot bore. It all shoots the same. Did you get the Jewell trigger upgrade? Also, did you get the AW magazines? People are jealous of my AW's. Did you also get the Templar V2 action?

Let me know if you have any other questions. Meanwhile, here are a couple of pictures of mine:

IMG_3213.jpgIMG_3214.jpg

You will love your Hospitaller, I promise.

I have one, love it, but not helpful since its in a 260. Should have my new one in 308 within the week, so will report back. Have had several GAP built 308's from Crusader to other custom builds on Remington and surgeon action. All of them have shot 175's .005-.015 from the lands with 42.8-43.5 grains of Varget in Lapua brass. If using Winchester, think you would need to add about 3%.

Really think for a 308, the Hospitaller is the "IT" gun. Cannot wait to get mine in my grubby hands.

Enjoy--Will

Congrats on the order. I plan on ordering one the end of this year. My only question is could GA precision add a surefire suppressor adaptor and a badger ordnance EFR rail?

Last edited:
I have one, love it, but not helpful since its in a 260.
Should have my new one in 308 within the week, so will report back. Have had several GAP built 308's from Crusader to other custom builds on Remington and surgeon action.
Enjoy--Will

I'm sure like a lot of people you can add me to the list of people who are hating you as we read this post.

I have one I just picked up last August, 2013. It is amazingly accurate.

I have shot both the 168 grain and the 175 grain SMK out of Federal GMM.

I get better results from reloading. I am currently running a 155 grain Lapua Scenar at 2900 fps. They work much better past 500 meters. 44.5 grains of Varget, Federal 210 primers. Federal GMM brass.

Oh, and there is no difference between cold bore, clean bore, warm bore and hot bore. It all shoots the same. Did you get the Jewell trigger upgrade? Also, did you get the AW magazines? People are jealous of my AW's. Did you also get the Templar V2 action?

Let me know if you have any other questions. Meanwhile, here are a couple of pictures of mine:

View attachment 35182View attachment 35183

You will love your Hospitaller, I promise.

Nobody is jealous of your stupid AW mag setup.... Especially not me. AW mags and Hospitaller's are kind of a so-so setup anyway. I've got a Rem 700 SPS that I'll trade you though. It's rated Operator As F**k right out of the box. Stupid GAP guns are just gimmicks compared to stock OAF rifles like the SPS.

Yes its a Templar V2. I also ordered an EFR rail for the NV and a thread for my Thunderbeast. Not sure though if the Jewell trigger is worth extra $...

Nobody is jealous of your stupid AW mag setup.... Especially not me. AW mags and
Hospitaller's are kind of a so-so setup anyway. I've got a Rem 700 SPS that I'll trade you though. It's rated Operator As F**k right out of the box. Stupid GAP guns are just gimmicks compared to stock OAF rifles like the SPS.

I thought it was funny but I guess that it went right over his head and he didn't like your joke.

For a All Around Everything you want to do gun the GAP Hospitaller is Very Hard to Beat. I would say it'll handle anything you want to do with it but you'll have to deal with a bit of a heafty weight. I would go with a .260 Version just because of the Ballistics. I love the Manner T4A Stocks.

As far as favorite GAP Model goes mine is and always will be the Galdius preferably in a Manner Folder Stock.

I realize .260 has some excellent ballistics but I am not a reloader and for my main, under 700 yards applications, .308 is sufficient. Besides .260 has a shorter barrel life and suffers from early throat erosion with heavy/longer bullets...at least that's what I hear. I suspect 155 gr Match load in .308 will be a bad-ass out of 24" barrel, too, but I mainly wanted to know about 175s.

I used to worry about shooting out a barrel but have long ago stopped considering that as I've yet to "shoot" one out, just ordered a non typical GAP in 260

I thought it was funny but I guess that it went right over his head and he didn't like your joke.

No, I thought it was awesome. vonbalkenbush and I are good friends and I simply was busy with family yesterday evening to comment or reply.

von is actually quite jealous, he just shares it in a different way. Too bad he isn't man enough to run his .308 at the upcoming Hide cup with me. He wants to hide behind some .243 Ackley Improved. Whatever. Real men shoot real calibers.

No, I thought it was awesome. vonbalkenbush and I are good friends and I simply was busy with family yesterday evening to comment or reply.

von is actually quite jealous, he just shares it in a different way. Too bad he isn't man enough to run his .308 at the upcoming Hide cup with me. He wants to hide behind some .243 Ackley Improved. Whatever. Real men shoot real calibers.

Now THIS IS FUNNY. LOL

I used to worry about shooting out a barrel but have long ago stopped considering that as I've yet to "shoot" one out, just ordered a non typical GAP in 260

Barrels are consumables, after you ad the cost of 2000-3000 rounds of ammo, a barrel swap is cheap.

No, I thought it was awesome. vonbalkenbush and I are good friends and I simply was
busy with family yesterday evening to comment or reply.

That's cool. A lot of people on here are friends.It's pretty neat. That last part sounds like a challenge Von haha.

Sent mine back to GAP and had them re-barrel it to a 7SAUM. I loved it as a .308, but for long range it is the tits now :)

Just ordered one and was wondering what factory Match load you are running and how far have you pushed it? Do 175 grains do well in 11 twist Bartlein?
Thanks.

I have one and it is a hammer - about .2 MOA. I started into F-T/R and used this rifle for a period of time. The comps were 300 and 600 yards. Using FGMM 175's - she was more waaay competitive than expected. As stated, a great all around rifle and one of my favorites, you'll love it.

Nobody is jealous of your stupid AW mag setup.... Especially not me. AW mags and Hospitaller's are kind of a so-so setup anyway. I've got a Rem 700 SPS that I'll trade you though. It's rated Operator As F**k right out of the box. Stupid GAP guns are just gimmicks compared to stock OAF rifles like the SPS.

Now THIS IS FUNNY. LOL

That's cool. A lot of people on here are friends.It's pretty neat. That last part sounds like a challenge Von haha.

Well it was a challenge today, but I lost. We just shot a match and he won shooting his .308 Winchester with 155 grain Scenars. And when I mean he won, he won the hold damn thing.

Great Work Von Balkenbush. I was going to call you "Massengill VON Douche Nozzle", but I cannot now. Maybe next time.

Welp, more practice with my Hospitaller, maybe clean my AW magazines. Who knows, maybe it was my new pants? Gotta wear them in.. then I gotta…...

Well it was a challenge today, but I lost. We just shot a match and he won shooting his .308 Winchester with 155 grain Scenars. And when I mean he won, he won the hold damn thing.

Great Work Von Balkenbush. I was going to call you "Massengill VON Douche Nozzle", but I cannot now. Maybe next time.

Welp, more practice with my Hospitaller, maybe clean my AW magazines. Who knows, maybe it was my new pants? Gotta wear them in.. then I gotta…...

The Hospitaller is a kick ass rifle. You will love it all BS'ing aside.

It was a good shoot today, the .308 is still a bad ass cartridge if it's setup and run correctly. Great shooting today Zeil, and thanks for the kind words.

-VB