• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 lapua brass life your experience

Aauletto

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2013
Newtown PA
how long does yours last some say 10 some say 15+ my sweet spot seems to be 42gr varget and 168 smk with it

That's my load too!!! Very accurate! It's a light load, so if you're neck sizing and annealing, I'd expect your brass to last a very long time...you'll probably wear your barrel out with one hundred pieces.
Good luck!!

No experience with Lapua in particular, but...

I think there are too many variables to get a real answer. It's going to depend on how hot your load is, your reloading procedure (FL, bump, or neck), your chamber dimensions, and how often you anneal. And when you consider your brass worn out. And whether it's in a bolt or semi. And maybe the position of the moon.

I don't shoot a 308, but I have 260 Lapua brass with 21 reloadings on it right now and the primier pockets are still very tight.

No experience with Lapua in particular, but...

I think there are too many variables to get a real answer. It's going to depend on how hot your load is, your reloading procedure (FL, bump, or neck), your chamber dimensions, and how often you anneal. And when you consider your brass worn out. And whether it's in a bolt or semi. And maybe the position of the moon.

You forgot to add sun spots and whether or not you're getting enough pussy.

I've heard some reports of 40+ (not my experience, but people I personally know), bump sizing, annealing every 5-7.
The first thing to wear out appears to be the primer pocket.