• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Lapua subsonic powder

coldbeerchief

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2008
Woodbridge, VA USA
I pulled a couple of bullets from Lapua's 200 gr subsonic rounds and found 10.5 grains of powder in them.

Looks like some type of pistol powder. It is NOT N310. This powder has smaller/finer kernels.

Any idea what it might be? N320?

for what it's worth, they were under .75 MOA out a 16" 10-twist McGowen barrel. Right at 1030 FPS, except every 5th or 6th would be ~985 FPS.

Re: 308 Lapua subsonic powder

i would love to know what powder it is, almost bought a box of the 200grn sub bullets from graf but didnt know which powder to use. def. dont want to pay 47 per box

Lapua used to print catalogues with all their factory ammo load data in it.

Powder types and weights, the lot.

The only one that wasn't in it was the 200gr subsonic.

I had a copy but lost it somewhere. I've been looking for it on and off for a couple of years. It's somewhere in a pile of old magazines and papers.

Sniff

Hate to be obvious but......does anyone own the Lapua reloading book? Is it in there?

Hello!
Though this is a bit old thread i post this anyway. Few days ago i got a box of 308 lapua subsonics and pulled few.I dont have all vv powders but looks most similar to N 340 so I think the powder is N 340 considering pellet size is identical and weighted also 0,69grams so its 10,64 grains