• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 muzzle brake

J1Rjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2012
fort worth, tx
I am looking at changing out my muzzle brake off my remington 700 sps aac. It has the AAC brakeout on it now.

I really want a 50 cal style or something similar. Does anyone know where to get one?

Re: 308 muzzle brake

Have you checked out any of the JP stuff? I'm not sure they have exactly what you're looking for, but they may.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try a Badger FTE, but I personally like the AAC as well. You just don't like the looks?</div></div>
Its the looks exactly. It does the job. I cant even break it loose right now. It came on my remi when i bought it new at the store

I already looked at the jp things and i liked one. But havent looked at the allen ones. UAG has a cool looking one but i dont know how it functions

306-381.jpg

this one?

idk if i could trust a clamp on style brake. It would have to be a thread on type. Let me put a few more rounds thru this AAC and then i will think harder about changing it, thanks for all of the input guys

Check this guy out. I have one in my rem700 but it's not threated. But, he makes threated ones which I'm planing to buy and new one to replace my slip on one. They work and very good

http://myworld.ebay.com/darkmetal-design/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

It reduces the reciol very much and I don't know if its the rifle or the handloads but I can stay on target and fallow up quicker with sub MOA groups.

Just installed a JP on my AAC and was very impressed. I would estimate it cut recoil by more than 50%.

I got a Bennie Cooley--it is like shooting a .223 AR.

I landed on the smith enterprises good iron for 308. Straight back with no lift in the hand supported positions.

My girlfriend is 5'1" 95lbs and she can shoot it all day now.

Call or email them if you need help with which one fits your rifle

http://www.smithenterprise.com/products07.html

I have a couple muscle brakes and they are fantastic, cut the recoil more than 75% and they loook cool too.

Man that dpr is the sh.., I paid less than $50 for my linear in the 5.56. So $250 is a little high for me. But that is exactly what I was looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J1Rjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pr0videR, can you send me a pick </div></div>

I'll try and PM you the pic today.