• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 NATIONAL MATCH BRASS????

cmy six

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
My Fathers Still alive, but his gun days are over and I am inheriting a life time of shooting and reloading, I have found a box of NEW unfired .308 NM brass 500 count dated 2018, in todays world if you were to sell that box, what would be a fair price between adults in todays market? This is going to be the first of many of questions of this type, my next job is sorting thru 80,000 rifle, pistol, small and large. primers and 500 pounds of gun powder

Reactions: simonp
It depends, are you looking for Retail prices and if so go online and use that as a guide, just don't gouge and add tax.

If you are a shooter yourself, then check at local gun clubs and see what those people would be willing to pay.

Now for some serious talk.

Considering the amount of primers and powder you are speaking about, one would hope they are being stored in a cool, dark and dry place.

In addition to proper storage, it would be wise for you to have a heart to heart conversation with your Insurance Agent. Make sure to pay particular attention to your HOME OWNERS policy and/or any exclusions. Any time you start talking about 1/4 ton of rifle/pistol/shotgun powder you are skirting on the possibility of giving your agent a case of the paisley shorts.

The specter of the whole she-bang deflagrating in your neighborhood may cause your insurance premium to creep up a bit.

If you fail to disclose the information to your Insurance Company you risk not being covered for any claims arising out of such an event as those claims could be denied. This most likely would include any claims brought against you by neighbors who are somewhat perturbed at being burned out of their house.

Should anyone/body suffer any injury or injuries from such a deflagration then the possibility of legal action being brought against you raises exponentially.

Good Luck With Your Agent

Is this one of those sneaky for sale threads?
No, and I don't see anything like this for sale on line, Hence the question and I was reading the box wrong, like the other gentleman said I need to look at the head stamp. I have another box of 30-06 but I'm keeping those, and as far as storage goes their safe and in 20 mm ammo cans, even the oldest ones are brite and shiney like the day they were made. anyway primers will out live several generations, so will powder

Nothing special about that brass. The 60’s stuff was awesome. I’d value it at 40c a case.

For those that have a 300 Norma Mag, the 308 NM is not the same cartridge.

The 308 NM is almost a carbon copy of the 300 Winchester Magnum.

I would think the value of the 308 NM brass should be close in value to 300 Win from the same manufacturer. Maybe a bit more...

I think he means 308 Win National Match cases, LC77 head stamp. I don’t thin Lake City makes Norma Mag brass.

Yep, I just re-read the title and figured out what he meant.
308 NM has always been the Norma Mag, but times are a changing...

best not to give exact amounts on an open online forum , but Id love for the government I mean me to see a pic of your 500 lbs of powder and all your primers while your at it all your guns , wife , kids and if your so inclined pics of your house car and credit cards . I promise not to share them with anyone nope not ever . lol congrats Id love to have that much reloading stuff Id be as happy as pig in mud .

I like NM brass and have found it to be pretty consistent. The 40cent price that 918v posted seems to be about right. If you sell all 500 as a lot you might discount that price a little. Post them at that price and go lower if they don't move.

I'm keeping most of the stuff but I did get an offer of $250 for the 308 brass and he paid shipping.

solid price.. i have a ton of that stuff shooting with the Navy Marksmanship Team.. makes for great 300-500yd brass. If Im doing more precision stuff past 500, I use Lapua

solid price.. i have a ton of that stuff shooting with the Navy Marksmanship Team.. makes for great 300-500yd brass. If Im doing more precision stuff past 500, I use Lapua
I don't shoot .308, BUT I did also have 500 .30-06 which I do shoot and will be shooting Fclass with, excuse me please as I am fairly new at this, but why would NM brass be no good for the longer ranges?

as you continue to shoot longer and longer distances, depending on the cartridge, your brass consistency and quality matters more and more.

The NM brass is great stuff, but there is better stuff available. Could you make the NM brass work for you past 500? Absolutely!!!! May require a little more skill and little more patience, etc. I like the easy button, and I know Lapua brass is exceptional in quality and consistency. Due to easy button, I like to grab Lapua brass when I start "pushing it" based on cartridges and bullet selection.

Reactions: cmy six