• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 308 QA/QD Suppressor Mount Comparisons

mecher50

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2011
Utah
Looking to pickup a 308 quick attach suppressor to swap around on several rifles. Looking at the AAC 762SD, YHM TI Phantom, Gemtech Quicksand, and SAS TI Arbiter. I haven't been able to find a comparison of the different mount styles. In fact no info on the Arbiter QA mount. For those of you in the know how would you rate the attachment styles. The AAC and YHM look similar. I really like the gemtech style of mounting as far a consistent attachment. This would also be my first suppressor. Thanks in advance for you help.

Re: 308 QA/QD Suppressor Mount Comparisons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the AAC 7.62SD and I`m very happy with it found it new for $700 if you look around you can find a good deal on them a good place to look is
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi? </div></div>

Is yours the 18 or 51T mount? I unfortunately bought two of the 18T 762SDs - their use on a precision rifle is less than desirable. While the QD feature is nice if you need it, they loosen up after a few shots and accuracy is out the window.

I'm tempted to drill and tap the suppressors and use some set screws for a secondary mounting point....

The 51T mounts are a dramatic improvement, but still allow for minor movement of the suppressor when fully attached.

Absolute best mount is a surefire, followed by aac's new 51t then again the YHM's i have, I had no problems with, Also SWR has a new mount looks nice but i have no first hand experiance with it.

I would also be happy to price any of the suppressors your looking at I am very reasonably priced

heard the 51T's (aac 762sd) were awesome with POI shift etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mecher50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to pickup a 308 quick attach suppressor to swap around on several rifles. </div></div>

SEI/Fisher

I installed SEI DC Vortex flash eliminators on my M14s, 7.62 AKM and 5.56 AR-100...
my SEI/Fisher .30 caliber M14DC sound suppressor moves from host to host and functions 100% on all of them.

Surefire
AAC
YHM
SWR

I like those companies when it comes to attachment systems. They are fast and never an issue to worry about.

I've heard poor things about the Gemtech Quicksand. Supposedly they are not repeating their zero. And when the can heats up enough it will have some play in the mount to the rifle. But thats just on what a C3 dealer told me in his sound testing of one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the AAC 7.62SD and I`m very happy with it found it new for $700 if you look around you can find a good deal on them a good place to look is

Is yours the 18 or 51T mount? I unfortunately bought two of the 18T 762SDs - their use on a precision rifle is less than desirable. While the QD feature is nice if you need it, they loosen up after a few shots and accuracy is out the window.

I'm tempted to drill and tap the suppressors and use some set screws for a secondary mounting point....

The 51T mounts are a dramatic improvement, but still allow for minor movement of the suppressor when fully attached.
</div></div> 51 T from what i have heard about 18t you should try different mounts they all lock up different

I do shoot mine on a ar-10t and point of aim shift is 4moa and can doesn't loosen but it doesn't make it as solid as i would like.Accuracy is the same as before the can i think i will work up a new load for it

I ordered the new 762-sdn-6 AAC can. Has the 51t mounting system.

Don't yet have it but am already looking forward to getting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the AAC 7.62SD and I`m very happy with it found it new for $700 if you look around you can find a good deal on them a good place to look is

</div></div> 51 T from what i have heard about 18t you should try different mounts they all lock up different

I do shoot mine on a ar-10t and point of aim shift is 4moa and can doesn't loosen but it doesn't make it as solid as i would like.Accuracy is the same as before the can i think i will work up a new load for it </div></div>

I've tried several different 18T mounts and they are all the same. I think you'd almost have to get a 51T mount, find where the springs seat when the suppressor is fully seated on the mount, and machine corresponding notches in the 51T mount for the suppressor to lock up.

When the suppressor is fully tighted against the mount it doesn't move, but after one or two shots it backs off and there is very perceivable wobble at this point. If you could keep that suppressor seated against the mount the accuracy problem would go away. I don't think anyone has cracked that code yet.

I don't care what anyone says - a suppressor that exhibits wobble is not conducive for accuracy.

Thanks for all the great information keep it coming. Operator45 if you would pm me you prices on titanium QA 308 suppresors that would be great. How does that work if I buy one from you. Does it have to be shipped to a class 3 FFl or can a regular FFL do that? I think I read on here somewhere that if the Tax Stamp is paid a regular FFL could handle the transfer. Thanks in advance.

I have yet to see any feedback on SAS's new QD can, but it looks sweet. At the same time the tried and true threads that they have on the muzzle break may allow for a more consistent mount. IDK I would love to see someone with the new mount.

you really cant beat YHM for the money, i have used their cans quite a bit, even though their QD flash suppressors are a bit on the ugly side...

I'm with you on that one. I have the 7.62 QD and I think the mount is a bit on the ugly side, but I don't mind cause I never shoot without the can on anyway. Its an acquired taste and it's performed VERY well for me and my .243WSSM AR

18T SD-7.62 POI shift 1.5" 6clock low max is 2.5" on skinny M4 barrels..

I use a strap wrench and put the right hand monkey on it. stays tight..I can break it loose with the double monkey and knee grip..
grin.gif

wish my shit was 51T..But the grass is always green over there and I am always here in the mud..
grin.gif

I have a YHM 7.62 QD on my .223 and the QD mount works very well with the tension detent it always stays tight. POI shift was 1 mil low @100yds which works out kindof nice if I have a shot without the can on.

I have a Gemtech HVT QD which is the same as the Quicksand. It works very well and I have that set-up on number rilfes from 223-308 and change the suppressor from one to the other. Of course, each one has its own POI change so you have to work with the rifles to figure out if it is repeatable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a new QD coming out in two to three weeks

</div></div>

They out?