• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 308 question?

chrisdx3

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
ohio
Ok so I going to be shooting in a week at about 250 to 300 yds. I will be using a ndm-86 gas operated semi automatic in 308 my loads are 168grn sierra matchking lake city match brass and 41.5grns of imr 4895. My scope has 1/2 moa adjustment and is zeroed at 100 yds how many clicks should get me in the range. Obviously it will not be exact as there will be other factors I am just trying to get it close. I will be at a machine gun shoot and this is hopefully going to be my tanerite killer. Also the elevation will be flat but shooting over a valley to targets on the other side.

Re: 308 question?

250 yds drop of 3.2 MOA or 7 clicks UP
300 yds drop of 4.7 MOA or 10 clicks UP

Then use a 6 o'clock hold on the targets

all ball park estimates

thanks that is pretty much what I was looking for I can always adjust from there.

Drive to cambridge and go north on 77 take the kimbolton exit and go west. Take a right at the T in the road. go till you can take a left on CR 118 then go to thunder valley precision. You will learn ALOT about you .308 there. Tom Sarver can teach you what you need to know. You will be shooting at a grand shortly. Do yourself a favor and go. I live in Louisiana and go when I can. Whats that tell ya. Spend alot of time up there and love it.

I was already to go to the newbe shoot last weekend and then work got in the way. I am going to make a trip out there sometime this summer either for a shoot or another newbe day.