• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 Win. Brass Primer pocket Flash Hole

gt1_911

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
New reloader here, I was sorting out my once fired brass and I found some that the primer pocket flash hole where oblong in shape compared to new lapua brass I have. Is it safe to reload the oblong primer pocket flash hole or just trash it? The tool I used was a Harvey deprime tool.

IMG_0170_zps2546bf2f.jpg

New reloader here, I was sorting out my once fired brass and I found some that the primer pocket flash hole where oblong in shape compared to new lapua brass I have. Is it safe to reload the oblong primer pocket flash hole or just trash it? The tool I used was a Harvey deprime tool.

View attachment 8394

One brand is $75 per 100, the other is $45 per 100.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sinclair sells a tool to uniform the primer holes to .001" over SAAMI, but I don't know if I'd go to the trouble.

Chris

Is it safe....yes. But are you going to get the most accurate and consistent loads possible...no
All depends on what you're reloading for

How did it shoot? It's once fired right?

Then there is your answer right there.