• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30MIL scope

TexasShoot3r

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2022
South Texas
I am new to the ELR shooting.... I do know how to shoot and understand MOA basics. I bought a 300PRC precision rifle and just purchased a 4.5-30X56 34mm MRAD ELR scope that is 30MIL. The 300PRC already has a 20MOA rail on it so I'm asking what MOA mount can I buy that will not in a sense bottom out? I'm thinking maybe a 40MOA but I don't want to spend the money unless I'm sure. You know? Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

30 mils is about 102 moa so you should be fine with 40 MOA total. So if the base has 20 then get a mount with 20. You might push it to 30 but you will be down near bottom.

Reactions: TexasShoot3r
30 mils is about 102 moa so you should be fine with 40 MOA total. So if the base has 20 then get a mount with 20. You might push it to 30 but you will be down near bottom.
That’s what I was wondering. I appreciate the info! One more question. What mounts are preferred? I’m not asking what you personally use, just some that are well worth money spent. Is there one called Spurhn?

Yes Spuhr are good but not cheap. Others are MPA BA mount and ARC M Brace.

Reactions: TexasShoot3r