• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 30mm rings

workinman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
Indiana
this is my first post and have enjoyed and learned a lot from the hide. been reading posts for several months and decided to join. the question i have is i just bought my fist 30mm scope and need a set of rings. i've had good luck with TPS rings in the past as well as Burris signature zee rings. what do you recommend as far as rings go? have read quite a lot here on the hide about rings and need a more definitive answer. will be mounted on savage 10fcp mcmillan on a farrell mount. i can figure the height, but new to 30mm rings.

Re: 30mm rings

Seekins, USO, NF and Badger are some favorites here.

I like the USOs as they are infintely adjustable in the windage department.

ETA:
Try to make sure you have the same rings as base. They tend to work better together than a mix match of parts.

I have a 2 month old set of Seekins 30mm LOWS for sale. I just bought an S&B and it needs 34mm rings (also planning on Seekins), so I don't need the 30mm's anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 2 month old set of Seekins 30mm LOWS for sale. I just bought an S&B and it needs 34mm rings (also planning on Seekins), so I don't need the 30mm's anymore. </div></div>

dangit man!

Guys,The Seekins Rings are Great and are about all I run by choice.But they will NOT Work on a Ken Farrell base as it is not a true Picatinny Milspec base.Ask me how I know? The Loopy MKIV or Warne will work for sure.The Seekins has a cross bar that keys into the rail tightly and won't fit the Farrell unless they have changed it in the past 5 or 6 years.The Farrell base I mean.

You can get the TPS-W rings. The W is for Weaver so its cross bar will fit in both Weaver and Picatinny bases. Or just go with Ken Farrell's own rings. Either should be safe, good bets.

I have used Burris XTR's with good results, NF rings, and now American Rifle.

The AR's are more expensive, however, they have some very unique features that nobody else does. I did a review on them recently that included beating on a rifle with a 2x4 (unplanned), taking the rings off and on, and my first shots to rezero ended up with no changes needed.

I had the chance to take it out to 500yd last night and I put the first 2 rounds on a 6" plate after the zero check at 100yd. Still no zero changes with lots of beating around.

Beyond that, they won't put ring marks in your scope.

Review Link

Company

I have recently been running Seekins rings and just got my first Seekins base(thanks to Scott@LibertyOptics) and I have pretty much decided that Seekins will be the only rings and bases I will purchase from now on. They are excellent, plus I like the fact there isn't a nut on the side of the rings...that's just my preference though. Before Seekins, I was running Leupold Mark 4 rings and base and they held up just fine.

+1 on the farrel base not liking true picatinny rings, Ditch the base and get a Badger 30 moa base. As far as rings I have used Leupold mk 4, Burris xtr, badger 50 max rings and tps rings trs, And of all of them I much prefer the TPS TRS alloy Picatinny rings.

first of all, thanks for the feedback. the scope i am installing is the bushnell 4200 6-24x50 ffp illuminated ret. the farrel base i have is 0moa. i do like the seekins rings and deciding to keep the base for now and get tps rings, or go ahead and get the seekins base and rings. i know this scope has some limited adjustment, so i need to look into what base if i go that route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have recently been running Seekins rings and just got my first Seekins base(thanks to Scott@LibertyOptics) and I have pretty much decided that Seekins will be the only rings and bases I will purchase from now on. They are excellent, <span style="font-weight: bold">plus I like the fact there isn't a nut on the side of the rings</span>...that's just my preference though. Before Seekins, I was running Leupold Mark 4 rings and base and they held up just fine. </div></div>

But there still IS a nut behind the trigger....
grin.gif

Just kidding. And yes, that one of the things I like best about the Seekins is the slimmer profile and ability to use the same tool to adjust both the base and the ring screws

well ijust sealed the deal with reaperdriver for his rings and going to pick up a seekins base. anyone carry 20moa base for savage in stock?