• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 30mm scope on rem sa without a 1 piece base

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
This is for a hunting style rifle we are trying to just do a 2 piece mount or rings that attach to a remington 700 short action.

30mm tube and 44mm obj.

opinions?

Re: 30mm scope on rem sa without a 1 piece base

Just a few questions?

Budget, aethetics, permanent or removable?

Tons of options: Leupold QRW/PRW bases/rings, Leupold DD base/rings, MK4 2 piece base/rings, Warne, Burris, Nightforce, etc etc.

If you're looking for a more "hunting" look and still want to maintain a 20MOA slope go with Leupold DD bases along with Burris Signature inserts in -0.010 ring and +0.010 bridge and you're GTG (thanks to MM and NB for those hints).

Good Luck!

If this is for a hunting rifle, I would easily go with Warne rings and base. Out the door around 50- 60 bucks.

I have NF rings on my gun, but my hunting rifle is basic, and kills great w/ basic stuff.

ok thats what im needing to know, dont want to spend more than 100 but I do not want junk. Some thing not out of line with comparable quailty to the remington sendero and the falcon scope im using