• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: .

Lance Cpl. Marco S. Buehler fires his MK-11 sniper rifle while Cpl. Brandon G. Liesenfelt spots for him Sept. 27, 2009, while flying over the Gulf of Aden. The Marines, scout snipers from Battalion Landing Team 2/6, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, practiced firing at floating targets from a window of a CH-46E Sea Knight helicopter. The 26th MEU and Iwo Jima Strike Group are currently deployed in the Central Command area of responsibility. (Official USMC photo by Cpl. Aaron J. Rock) (Released)

Just curious but what kinds of accuracy are they expecting from a helicopter? I recall DEA indicating they were/are able to hit boat engines to disable smugglers but I have never seen ranges mentioned.

The pic is of USMC STA Bubba's providing cover fire for a VBSS. Essentially they can "Suppress" anything on the deck and if necessary the "BIG" gun the door gunner has can make it go away. Believe it or not, the most dangerous thing during a VBSS is the fire points on the ship that can effectivly "Spray" fast ropers off the deck or rope... and if powerful enough down a helo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaoltar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sept. 27, 2009</div></div>

It all seems to futuristic for me

Good photo btw