• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 338 at 1100 yards

natesguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Missouri
I've been trying to take 3 shots at 1100 yards about once or twice a week. I'm trying to learn how to read wind just by feel not using anything other than what's around. Weeds, leafs, dust, mirage (if any). I must say this is a lesson of patients. For me it's hard but I'm gaining. Here's my 3 shot group for the week. It's just under 6 inches. I was happy with this group. I'm sure I could have taken down bear or moose if the opportunity would have presented its self. Guess I need to move not many bear in south east Missouri.

23upukj.jpg

Load
Lapua brass
H1000@ 86 grains
Velocity 2740 (not verified by crono)
Bullet: 300 grn burger otm. (Great at distance)
Seated .020 off lands. I must single feed these. They won't fit in my cip mag.

Elevation 9 mills
Wind at the time was from the Left to right. Dialed .9 left windage. I'm thinking I need to recheck at 100. Wind was minimal I'm thinking 3 to 4 at max.

Nice group there! I need to see what I group at that far out. I'm thinking you velocity might be a little lower, I run 90gr h1000 with the 300gr bergers in a 26" barrel and get 2740 fps. Nice shooting!