• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Edge Dies?

rugerdiggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Southeast Oklahoma
I have a 338 Edge barrel headed this way and trying to decide what dies i need. I have read places where was using several different types, brands, having some machined from 300rum. Im in no hurry to get them cause i havnt got my action yet. I did pick up 100 pieces of 300rum brass, got a pound of H1000 and some CCI Magnum primers. Thanks James

Re: 338 Edge Dies?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rugerdiggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 338 Edge barrel headed this way and trying to decide what dies i need. I have read places where was using several different types, brands, having some machined from 300rum. Im in no hurry to get them cause i havnt got my action yet. I did pick up 100 pieces of 300rum brass, got a pound of H1000 and some CCI Magnum primers. Thanks James </div></div>

Get them from Shawn Carlock, the owner of Defensive Edge and 338 Edge guru.I believe his are Redding s type.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rugerdiggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 338 Edge barrel headed this way and trying to decide what dies i need. I have read places where was using several different types, brands, having some machined from 300rum. Im in no hurry to get them cause i havnt got my action yet. I did pick up 100 pieces of 300rum brass, got a pound of H1000 and some CCI Magnum primers. Thanks James </div></div>

Get them from Shawn Carlock, the owner of Defensive Edge and 338 Edge guru.I believe his are Redding s type. </div></div>

He is doing some extensive field work till end of month.

Talked to shawn and his are the "S" bushing redding set for $265, and have the micro seating stem. Is this needed? Or is it just nice to have, would i be bullets ahead by getting some regular redding ones for $150 and buying a few more boxes of bullets?

Talked to john at whidden gun works and he is shipping me a set of bushing dies with micro adjuster on seating die.