• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua Ammo Carrier/Ammo Box?

brand692

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2009
Western NE
What ammo carrier/ammo box are you guys using for your 338 Lapua Magnum hand loads?

New cartridge for me and am collecting the pieces so when the rifle is done, I'm ready to wear out the barrel.

Re: 338 Lapua Ammo Carrier/Ammo Box?

Frankford Arsenal #511 will work with the 338 LM.

MTM Case Guard R-100-MAG should also work.

I'm getting this info from the websites. The Frankford case calls out 338lm and others by cross referencing the other calibers.

Hope this helps.

RedTac Gear 338 Ammo carrier
grin.gif

http://www.bauerarms.com/data/storage/attachments/de4984c43bf2ebe39a5c9d5098e3d6f2.jpg

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankford Arsenal #511 will work with the 338 LM.

MTM Case Guard R-100-MAG should also work.

I'm getting this info from the websites. The Frankford case calls out 338lm and others by cross referencing the other calibers.

Hope this helps. </div></div>

The #511 won't work. It has the same cell size as my #211's and they are too small.

I think I'll just go with the MTM. Weird that it is a 22 round box, but whatever.

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

I prefer the Plano case for the 378 Weatherby and it works pretty good. It holds 50 rounds. And I think it is a little more heavy duty than the MTM boxes,

I use the mtm cases they seem to work really well.

Just bought a handful of the MTM case that madd0c linked too. Thanks for the help guys!

For whatever reason I prefer the Frankford Arsenal ammo boxes over MTM. If the 511 does not fit is there one by FA that does?