• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 Lapua Magnum Powder

thommy152

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2010
I recently got a savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua Mag. I have ordered the reloading equipment for the gun, but it seems that the powder is being shipped separately. The only powder I have on hand is H380. Would this work, or should I wait for the proper powder to get here? By the way im shooting 300gr scenars

Re: .338 Lapua Magnum Powder

Wait, H380 is to fast it compares to Reloader 15 in burn rate, you need a much slower powder like Reloader 25.

reloader 25 is what i have ordered but i was wondering if i could get by with h380, but i figured it was to fast of a powder... well i guess ill wait for the RL-25

I would hold off on using the H380. You'll catch a pressure spike and blow your gun, and maybe your face apart! Sounds like a bad day at the ER to me.....

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersniper16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently got a savage 110 BA in .338 Lapua Mag. I have ordered the reloading equipment for the gun, but it seems that the powder is being shipped separately. The only powder I have on hand is H380. Would this work, or should I wait for the proper powder to get here? By the way im shooting 300gr scenars </div></div>

You might want to spend some time reading our 'reloading depot' tacked at the top of this section.

The fact that you're even asking if H-380 is suitable, tells me that you haven't done your homework.

Spend some time reading your reloading manuals, or anything to do with the 338LM online. There are a lot of choices out there, but H-380 isn't one of them.

Chris

Some people recommended Ramshot Magnum.

I haven't tried it yet myself - but hopefully will do so soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H1000 is also a good one. </div></div>

In My 110BA the best results I got were with H1000 and US 869. VV 5 series powders work great but are hard to come by in these parts

Shot a lot of RL22 and 25 and IMR 4350 (the sierra "accuracy" load is crap) The two powders mentioned gave really good nodes at around the right velocity

H1000 and Retumbo are what we use.