• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 Lapua pet loads

Re: 338 Lapua pet loads

Here is a link: New guy assistance-CLICKY
notthisshitagain4jw.jpg

Hey man, same happened to me not too long ago. I think the problem is a lot of folks aren't posting their loads in the subforum.

Most folks are using Hodgdon's Retumbo if they can find it. IF not RL-25 I believe is the alternate. I happened to stumble on some Retumbo so I bought that.

The 250gr and 300gr SMK are a favorite. I can't tell you when each bullet would be best. If you have a 1:10 you can stablize the 300gr SMK.

As far as primers, it looks like folks are going for the Federal 215M primer if you can find them. Everyone, including me, bitches that we can't find them. I haven't seen any in stock anywhere.

I'm a big believer in Lapua brass but I think some guys are also using Norma brass. I've had great luck with Lapua brass.

Hope that helps some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bearman16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee thanks! </div></div>

There is a thread on this TWO threads above yours in the Depot. Look first, ask second.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bearman16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just would like to get an idea of your favorite bullet and powder combo in 338.

Thanks </div></div>

It helps if you give us the particulars of your weapon and reloading setup.

I shoot a 1:12" twisted Sako and I've settled on ~88grs of H-4831sc under either the 250 Scenar or the 250 SMK. This is pretty stable out to 1000 yds, which is as far as I can shoot in SoFla. I can't shoot 300s, so I don't know much about that bullet. I've also used VV-165, VV-170, H-1000 and have some RL-25 to fiddle with.

More info is always appreciated, as the 338LM weapons vary quite a bit.

Chris