• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua Weigh In

TwoNiner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Out of curiosity, what are your guy rifles with the magnum cartridges weighing in at? I just put my new 338 Lapua stick on the scale and it tops just a hair over 18lbs w/ scope, empty AI mag, and an atlas bipod.

Its been almost 6 months since I've gone to the gym...I think I may have to start going again!

Depends on how far you intend to pack it. If your "packing" it from the car to the shooting mat its no big deal, if you are carrying over long distances, it is a different story. Most of my tactical rigs range from 16-19 lbs, and I have packed them all over many miles for a few days with all of my other gear. The last 338 Edge I had sat at 12 lbs, recoil was pretty hard to manage, I now run a DTA with a 338LM conversion which sits at 18 lbs and it is much easier to shoot.

AI-PSR .338 18.0 lbs with scope, Atlas, 10 round mag. With the .300 WM, 308 WIN or 6.5 CR it weighs 17.5 lbs. My friend has a Surgeon 6.5 CR in an AI 2.0 stock that weighs just about the same.

20.5 lbs with a scope and empty mag. The barrel is a 32 inch cylinder contour.

about 19.4 pounds dressed like this

ry%3D480

gap built
deviant 338lm
nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56
mcrees precision folder
tbac 338 ba suppressor
atlas bipod

Last edited:
21.3 fully loaded it's a Tac 338 w/ a #10 krieger, painkiller 5 port, extreme modified hs stock, leupold T/LE scope, atlas bipod.i can cut the weight some because I build a compartment in rear of stock which holds ball bearings or a recoil reducer.shoots like my brake less 308. Barrel is 28in. Stock also is heavily coated in all areas rifle is griped.

Weight dampens recoil, if you go light have a good muzzle brake. Funny part after you do your build you will figure out what barrel you will really want after you burn out the one you originally put on it.