• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 lm @ 1 mile.

natesguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Missouri
I've posted a few times about elr with my 338. Today was by far the most gratifying day with this rifle. I've been striving to achieve a first round hit at a mile and that happened today. Luck is always welcome. But I'd did follow with 2 consecutive hits with an average 3 shot group of 20 inches.

Load data: 89 grains h1000 (May be just a bit hot when it warms up)
Bullet: 300 grain berger otm
Brass: Lapua
Seating depth is.030 of the lands which is over mag length for my rifle
Barrel length 27 inches
Temp: 45

Yards 1760
Elevation 20 mils
Wind hold was 2.5 mils left. 6to 8mph wind from left to right
Velocity 2750
Azimuth: 196
DA -100

Always a good day when I get to shoot at distance. It's like therapy one trigger pull at a time.

Sounds like fun. I've been waiting for the weather to clear enough to even see a mile for a few weeks now.

Running shooter software. I tend to favor high on my first shot. My data shows 20.8 for the conditions Yesterday. So I dialed 20 and held half a mil high. My rifle shoots about .2 or .3 mils high on a cold bore. Is this what you are asking? ( Rotortuner)

I've posted a few times about elr with my 338. Today was by far the most gratifying day with this rifle. I've been striving to achieve a first round hit at a mile and that happened today. Luck is always welcome. But I'd did follow with 2 consecutive hits with an average 3 shot group of 20 inches.

Load data: 89 grains h1000 (May be just a bit hot when it warms up)
Bullet: 300 grain berger otm
Brass: Lapua
Seating depth is.030 of the lands which is over mag length for my rifle
Barrel length 27 inches
Temp: 45

Yards 1760
Elevation 20 mils
Wind hold was 2.5 mils left. 6to 8mph wind from left to right
Velocity 2750
Azimuth: 196
DA -100

Always a good day when I get to shoot at distance. It's like therapy one trigger pull at a time.

Congrats! Always rewarding is the cold bore shot; even more so with 2 following shots. 10-4 on the therapy part.

Running shooter software. I tend to favor high on my first shot. My data shows 20.8 for the conditions Yesterday. So I dialed 20 and held half a mil high. My rifle shoots about .2 or .3 mils high on a cold bore. Is this what you are asking? ( Rotortuner)

Yes that answeres my question thanks.

CJG