• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 LM Accuracy Test and Class @ Gunsite

Re: 338 LM Accuracy Test and Class @ Gunsite

This system works pretty good, I need to work out a better bench top, but when strapped in with the ratchet tie-down it's quite precise and repeatable.

I need to remove the rubber feet from the rest as well, but as it stands it's within .05 mil over 20 mils, which is good enough for our purposes.

The barber pole is a simple length of flat steel stock, with 20 mils and 70 minutes marked off 5 mil/ 10 MOA increments with contrasting strips of electrial tape. Hanging from a centered hole, it also acts as a plumb line.

Absent any objections to the October 15-18 dates, this class is going on the schedule and you'll be able to register on Monday.

Class cost this time will be $1180 per person.

A multiple camera target observation system is being put in place now for more precise spotting on the calibration range.

We will do final calibration on paper to get precise group size, center point and computer setup.

I'm making every effort to get the downrange chronograph system in place prior to the event so we can collect more data.

As a bonus, if anyone wishes to be in the classroom on Sunday the 14th, I'll do a full class on every feature of Field Firing Solutions, no extra charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absent any objections to the October 15-18 dates, this class is going on the schedule and you'll be able to register on Monday.

A multiple camera target observation system is being put in place now for more precise spotting on the calibration range.

We will do final calibration on paper to get precise group size, center point and computer setup.

I'm making every effort to get the downrange chronograph system in place prior to the event so we can collect more data.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">As a bonus, if anyone wishes to be in the classroom on Sunday the 14th, I'll do a full class on every feature of Field Firing Solutions, no extra charge.</span></span> </div></div>
That's a heck of a good thing to have for anyone getting into ELR shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absent any objections to the October 15-18 dates, this class is going on the schedule and you'll be able to register on Monday.

As a bonus, if anyone wishes to be in the classroom on Sunday the 14th, I'll do a full class on every feature of Field Firing Solutions, no extra charge.</div></div>

Cory I will start a new thread...

That was fast getting our requests up and running, thanks to you guys there:

LR Calibration on Paper --- CHECK

Multi View Camera System ---- CHECK

now, what about :

HOOTERS GIRLS LOADING MAGAZINES -----> Waiting for that box to be checked !

Especialy the ones that like short dudes. There are 2 of us you know . AND both of us had the same wind dope on the white board !

Frank can have the cute one , I'll take the ugly one ..
Greg

The difficult we do immediatly, the impossible takes a little longer.

I've just gotten a laser borsighter setup that is visible in daylight at 100 yards. This makes scope calibration much simpler and precise. Set the gun on point of air, mark the laser pointer. Dial up, hold same point, mark new pointer position. Done in 5 mil intervals, you can get a very precise full range travel average, spot any jumps in the 5 mil increments and check for plumb < .05 mil by dropping a line between marked points.

I've used the DBAL for this on my rifles, but if no Pic rail is available you can't mount it and you need to zero the thing to the gun to get it in a usable point each time, real PITA. This, drop in the pore and you are pretty much there, mostly about 4 mil low and a fraction L-R depending on the mounts.