• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.338 LM Competition Die Set?

mdslammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm currently using a RCBS press/.338 FL die set.

I'd like to move up to a set of competition dies for my .338 loads. Those of you who do have .338 competition dies what do you recommend? What infomation should I be considering?
Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MDslammer

Re: .338 LM Competition Die Set?

Reddings Type S bushing dies will be the best. If you want to save some bucks, try the RCBS Gold Medal .338 bushing dies. You can use Redding or RCBS neck bushings in them also. The RCBS lets you load the bullets thru the side of the micrometer seating die (in the window), which is a cool feature.

Thanks for the info BigBore56. I'll look into both.
Dumb question...
Will the Redding Dies fit in my RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Dalzell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.
Will the Redding Dies fit in my RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press? </div></div>

Yes.

I use the gold medal ones and am very happy with them and like he said the loading window is awesome.

I depend on the RCBS Gold Metal FL Dies for my 338LM and 260s with great results

oneshot.onehit

i use a redding type s neck die and a redding body die and seat my bullets with an le wilson hand die

Sorry if I mess this up it's my first post. I bought a redding set of competition dies for my 338lm and I love them, every round is very very concentric.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Dalzell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info BigBore56. I'll look into both.
Dumb question...
Will the Redding Dies fit in my RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Press? </div></div>

Of course...

I have the redding competition dies and they work great and are really consistent.

Use the redding comp dies as well. No issues with them here. I do like seater die. Only thing if I was to do it all over again would be to consider just getting the F/L bushing die versus the N/S and body die set.