• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 LM unfinished lower receiver

winddinger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2021
CT
After building many AR-15s and AR-10s I would like to build a semi-auto 338 LM.
I am not looking for opinions here just hoping for some help.
I have been looking for an unfinished lower or CNC blueprints and have not had any luck. If anyone knows where to get either please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi,

And what upper are you looking to attach?
Reason I ask is that there are NO "standards" for lowers or uppers when it comes to big magnums.
Also most of the big magnum "AR" types will not sell just an upper to begin with due to it needs their proprietary lower to function.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

And what upper are you looking to attach?
Reason I ask is that there are NO "standards" for lowers or uppers when it comes to big magnums.
Also most of the big magnum "AR" types will not sell just an upper to begin with due to it needs their proprietary lower to function.

Sincerely,
Theis
Hello Theis,

That is a great question. I only just started to look for uppers and I have not had any of the manufacturers I looked into respond. No point in machining out a lower if I cannot get the upper. Maybe someone out there has an answer?? Thanks for responding to my thread!!!

Does.... anyone... make a .338LM AR variant? I mean I'm picturing the size of a .338LM sitting on top of an AR lower. You know maybe if you take a 25rd SR-25 mag and you load one round vertically in it...

Does.... anyone... make a .338LM AR variant? I mean I'm picturing the size of a .338LM sitting on top of an AR lower. You know maybe if you take a 25rd SR-25 mag and you load one round vertically in it...

FD Defense makes one. $5500 to start.