• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338 suppressed?

Loudness you mean? It’s the same shit pretty much

For me, 308, 6.5, 300 win mag, 223, and 338 are very similar. Look at some test results and and the dB readings are only like maybe 5 dB difference with a 338 if that. I can’t tell the difference myself

For me, 308, 6.5, 300 win mag, 223, and 338 are very similar. Look at some test results and and the dB readings are only like maybe 5 dB difference with a 338 if that. I can’t tell the difference myself

Agreed with the above. Different suppressors have a different "tone" or frequency. I have a Thunderbeast .338 can and it's a lower pitched tone, which makes it more pleasant to my ears. Overall, once the boom is removed, it's about the same.

Steel targets will swing a lot more violently when hit by a .338 though. LOL

I can't really compare, but I shot on the line next to a 338 Lapua with a Silencerco Harvestor and it was enough to make me want to start the clock come next spring.

I have a thunderbeast 338
Between
16+22" 308
26" 6.5 creedmoor, 300wm and 338lm

To my ear I can't tell much difference.

I run a big bore harvester on my 338 and it is about the same as the omega on my ar-10. Having said that the Harvester mounted on the ar-10 is super quiet.