• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338 Suppressor for Area 419 Hellfire QD.

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
In the process of building an 8.6 BLK. I am wanting to get a new 338 or bigger suppressor. Only caveat is I use Area 419 QD system so I want to be able to attach that so I can use it on all my rifles. These include suppressors with 1-3/8x24 threading or 1-1/18x28 end to attach the QD.

This is the typical threading for Silencer Co, DeadAir, and some Rugged. I know they also have an adaptor for others.

Any one have much experience in this arena? Options I’m seeing on Silencershop

Silencer Co Omega
Rugged Alaskan
Dead Air Primal
AB Raptor .338

Q Porkchop is an Option but not sure if they will ever be in stock.

Debated Thuderbeast, but it’s 2x the price of the others. I haven’t seen a significant increase in performance to justify the $1800. But doesn’t mean I won’t buy it. I’ve spent more money on worse things.

I have had issues with POI shift in the past and Area419 QD put an end to that. Also use their brakes on all my rifles so it’s a no brainer for me.

Go 338 Ultra from Mile High. Use WELCOME5 and it comes out to about $1200. If I recall correctly, then Gen 2 is a few decibels quieter. The Gen 1 is an awesome can, I’ve been very happy with mine.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson
I use a Gen 1 338 ultra with the BA Hellfire adapter.

The Gen 1 is a traditional baffle stack inside an outer tube, Gen 2 is a tubeless design. No outer tube = slightly less weight & slightly more internal volume = a few db’s quieter.

The Gen 2 is better, but the Gen 1 is still better than everything else you have listed.