• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338 suppressor on a 6.5 CM?

par0thead151

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
I have a DTA SRS in 6.5 creedmoor. I am starting to look for a appropriate suppressor for this platform. I have read that some suppressors will open up the groups my rifle makes, and this i would very much like to avoid.

My thought is, if i get a 338 suppressor i can use it on both my caliber conversions for the SRS. 338LM and 6.5 CM. This will save me money in the long run, as it will be a one can does it all for my precision rifle. an added perk would also be if i can run it on my FAL, however that's not that big of a deal as i will be eventually getting a 7.62 SDN-6.

Like i said i am just beginning to research what is out there and what may be the best fit for my intended use. Any opinions or recommendations are as always, very much appreciated.
thanks

Re: 338 suppressor on a 6.5 CM?

We have a lot of guys using our 338BA on the DTA from 338 down to 243. No loss of accuracy to worry about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a lot of guys using our 338BA on the DTA from 338 down to 243. No loss of accuracy to worry about. </div></div>

i have been reading a lot of good things about your suppressor for the 338 platform...
you guys dont run sales ever do you?
grin.gif

I use my Yankee Hill 7.62 QD can on my 6.5 Creedmoor and 6 Creedmoor without any change in accuracy. I would almost say that my accuracy increased by using the can.

Several of our dealers post on here and run sales all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a lot of guys using our 338BA on the DTA from 338 down to 243. No loss of accuracy to worry about. </div></div>

i have been reading a lot of good things about your suppressor for the 338 platform...
you guys dont run sales ever do you?
grin.gif

</div></div>

PM me and tell me what all your looking for and I quote it for you.

Thanks

We've run my .338LM suppressor on a number of cals with great results. The sound levels don't change much because of the smaller bore size. You might be able to meter it but the ear doesn't seem to notice much between .338LM, .300 win mag, .308, 6.5X47, and .243. The idea of a one size for all is a good one and can save some cash so you can afford more ammo.

Frank

I use a 338BA from TBAC on my 6.5 SAUM and it works great. Excellent suppression of the caliber and it actually made my gun shoot better.

I shot a .4" group at 200 yards with it and it will easily print 1/4" groups at 100.