• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

338Edge Action Question

rugerdiggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Southeast Oklahoma
I am selling a few guns to build a repeating 338Edge and haven't bought anything yet so asking for some input please. My first plans was to pick up a SS Sendero in a rum and use the action and the hs stock. A decent sendero will run $800-$1000, my question is the action on the sendero any different than the action on the sps stainless? I have seen them new for around $600, could pull the barrel and stock off and maybe get $100-150 out of it. I have also thought of going with a custom action like surgeon, stiller, or defiance and wouldn't have to worry about the truing of them. Not sure which one I will be money and time ahead on. All input will help thanks.

Get a stiller tac338 and be done. No truing work required, side bolt release, pinned base and recoil lug. It's actually cheaper in the long run, plus resale value is better.

The actions are the same so unless the stock on the sendero is exactly what you want then i would say its not worth it. The HS stocks I've seen on the sendero's are not near as nice as a standard HS, which to me are not the nicest shooting stock either. That being said, if you can afford the extra money for the custom action then I would go that route for sure. They may not end up shooting much or any better, but the overall finish of and feel of custom is a lot nicer. Besides if you buy a 600 dollar sps and put 150 in truing it and 125 in a sako extractor your at 875 and last i checked stillers were around 950, thats not much more for a nicer action. The only problem could be availability on a custom.

Get a stiller tac338 and be done. No truing work required, side bolt release, pinned base and recoil lug. It's actually cheaper in the long run, plus resale value is better.

That's how I just went on my 338 Norma being built. $1,050, including 20MoA base.

Not gonna work on a standard Tac338 because the bolt face is different, I would go with the Badger M2013 LA Mag bolt face. Built like a tank and sexy as hell. Plus it has a 60* bolt lift...

A TAC300 with Mag BF would work if you want to go Stiller but for a few bucks more you can get the Badger.

Probably a stupid question but will the custom actions such as Bat, Stiller, Surgeon, Big horn, Badger need any work before the smith starts putting it together? Also wanted to ask which will be the easier to make accommodate 3.9-4" COAL or will all of them do it? Sorry never been around any custom actions before