• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.338RUM build

bear58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
Southern AZ
Here is my first semi-custom rifle with the help of Keith at Phoenix Custom Rifles. Still needs to be Cerakoted.
Build specs are:
Remingtom 700 LA (trued: bolt lugs, lug recesses and receiver face by PCR)
Varminter bolt knob (installed by PCR)
Remington .338RUM Sendero take off barrel (set back, chambered and headspaced by PCR)
AICS 1.5 Stock (w/ recoil lug recess opened up for oversized .300 Badger lug by PCR) and 5 round AI .338LM magazine
Ross muzzle brake (installed and timed by PCR)
Base holes opened up to #8-40 (PCR)
TPS steel alloy 20moa base
30mm Chimera rings
Bushnell Tactical Elite 6-24X50 FFP scope
Bone stock Remington trigger (soon to have a Jewell)
Let me know what you think. I'm very proud of it:
[img:center]
IMG_0132.jpg
[/img]
Finally got to shoot it this weekend and here's my best 5 shot 100 yard group during load testing w/ 300 gr. SMK's:
IMG_0176.jpg
[/img]
IMG_0178.jpg
[/img]

Re: .338RUM build

Very nice. My custom still has the remington trigger but it tuned very nicely. I have no issue with the trigger.

My next will either be a .300 rum that I already have a barrel for or a .338 Lapua. Can't decide as I would build the .300 rum and put it in an XLR or just buy a Savage .338 FCP. Money would be about the same.

Great looking rifle, you've definitely got something to be proud of there.

I really don't have a problem with the trigger. It breaks clean at about 2-3/4 #'s. I may not go that route if I can keep making groups like in the picture. When I stretch it out for long range, it might make a difference. Good luck on your next build. Thanks for the comments.

Looks really good, Keith and Brad do some good work.

PCR (Keith and Brad) are top notch. Great service and turn around time.

Badass... I am so damn impatient on mine... I have the .338 RUM barrel being chambered and put on my custom Rem 700 action. Can't wait to shoot mine...