• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

34mm mount or rings direct mount to REM 700

Pippinm7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
Any recommendations for good 34mm rings I can directly attach to the action on Remington 700 style actions or one piece point. Currently, have pic rail and nightforce ultralight rings(medium), but want the scope close to the bore line. Thanks-Mike
1633806333237.jpeg

Reactions: Pippinm7
Fantastic thank you. I really appreciate it. I currently have a 0 MOA rail, but adding a 20MOA will help bc I have ordered a shorted barrel. I appreciate the links as well!

Reactions: FuhQ
Yea, ah you might want to avoid optics planet.....
Why is that? I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from them. I would at least call them in person and make sure it's actually in-stock in the warehouse first.

I've only ever had 1 issue, and it was an order for some Lapua .260 Rem brass they said was in stock, but it didn't ship for like 2 weeks because the order got lost in the warehouse and never shipped (during all the pandemic buying frenzy), so I called them & cancelled the order, and ordered some from Midway USA for the same price. No harm, no foul.

Hawkins hybrid rings are direct mount to action and have moa cant built into them. Those would probably be what you are looking for.

If that is your setup in the picture, I dont think you can go much lower.
The objective will probably hit the picatinny rail and sooner or later your bolthandle will get too close or even hit the occular of the scope.
If you change both the rail and rings then you might get a tad lower, but your bolthandle will still need to clear. Is it really worth it?
It looks like you have a super solid setup as is.

If that is your setup in the picture, I dont think you can go much lower.
The objective will probably hit the picatinny rail and sooner or later your bolthandle will get too close or even hit the occular of the scope.
If you change both the rail and rings then you might get a tad lower, but your bolthandle will still need to clear. Is it really worth it?
It looks like you have a super solid setup as is.
Ok all good points. I appreciate the feedback. You are right my bolt handle is close as it is currently. I am awaiting a cheek riser that will hopefully put me directly inline and will hopefully not have to make anymore adjustments, aside from wind calls lol

Reactions: VargmatII
I have shortened the front or put a 45° bevel on the rail before to clear the bell for lower rings.

Why is that?

Judas freakin priest ! I guess playing Russian roulette just isn't fun unless you invite unsuspecting others.....

Why do you want it closer? Just for comfort behind the scope? What height rings are those now?
Thank you. Currently, have nightforce ultralight medium height rings. I would like it closer because I want it closer to the bore line because it will allow me to have more adjustment for elevation. I will be putting a 16" barrel on here as well, so that paired with 0 MOA base, I would like it lower, so I have more adjustment. Granted, I have a 34mm tube, so I will have plenty of elevation to hopefully get to 800yards.

Thank you. Currently, have nightforce ultralight medium height rings. I would like it closer because I want it closer to the bore line because it will allow me to have more adjustment for elevation. I will be putting a 16" barrel on here as well, so that paired with 0 MOA base, I would like it lower, so I have more adjustment. Granted, I have a 34mm tube, so I will have plenty of elevation to hopefully get to 800yards.

Lower rings will gain you no useful difference in available elevation. Not sure who told you that. Only reason to lower it would be to be more comfortable behind the scope. If you are comfortable behind it then run with it. That scope has more than enough elevation to get you to 800 yards unless you are shooting a .22LR. Lol

Lower rings will gain you no useful difference in available elevation. Not sure who told you that. Only reason to lower it would be to be more comfortable behind the scope. If you are comfortable behind it then run with it. That scope has more than enough elevation to get you to 800 yards unless you are shooting a .22LR. Lol
I appreciate the response and help. I understand what you are saying, thank you. I def feel more comfortable with it lower, but if I can find the correct and comfortable cheek riser I will keep everything the same. I opted, for a non-adjustable stock thinking the higher comb on the AG composite stock would be enough height for a good sight picture and with out the adjustable comb it is lighter. Thank you for the response.

I would like to go down 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch lower if possible. But,
I would like to go down 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch lower if possible. But, the objective lens could be hitting the barrel if I go lower, as well as the bolt. Some guys on here pointed that out, which I appreciate.

By the way your rifle looks absolutely sweet! What kind of rings, scope, and stock do you have? Thanks.

I would like to go down 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch lower if possible. But,

I would like to go down 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch lower if possible. But, the objective lens could be hitting the barrel if I go lower, as well as the bolt. Some guys on here pointed that out, which I appreciate.

By the way your rifle looks absolutely sweet! What kind of rings, scope, and stock do you have? Thanks.

I'm not sure you can go that much lower.

Having a rail that does not extend out forward is going to help. You should look into APA rings or Ken Farell rings as those two options are going to the lowest you will find with them being very high quality rings.

You can try and remove the base and go with direct mount rings or mounts as you mentioned, but idk how low those go. The very few that I've seen, are not as low.

Going super low is not always best though. You need to figure out where you get the best cheek weld. If it truly means going real low, then by all means go for it.

My setup in that picture as you can see is real low. At the time, it had EOtech low rings and a second gen Sig Tango6 4-24 scope. The stock I believe is a McMillan A2. Those were just some temporary rings though, my setup is a bit different now as it has some slightly higher rings and a different scope.

Good luck!