• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 35mm Rings

Desert_Racer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
USA
Lads,

Getting ready to order a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50. As most of you know, this bear has a 35mm main tube. As of now, my two options are an ADM Recon mount, Seekins, or the Vortex 35mm rings. I'm leaning more towards the ADM, since I already have a couple and they are great, but does anyone have any suggestions on which 35mm mount or rings to go with? It seems to me that most people prefer a one piece QD mount for the AR platform, which is what I have always ran. What are your preferences, and why?

This will be going on my MA-Ten build.

Re: 35mm Rings

Seekins was making the 'better' Vortex rings, ARCs would be another choice, or Larue??? Can't remember.

I use the Vortex rings and all is well, the Razor & Barrett get used and serves well. You may have answered your own question as you trust what you have.

Run what you trust and works well.

@Wolf22-I'm almost positive that Larue doesn't make 35mm mounts.

Can't go wrong with Seekins products. A set of Seekins rings and their 20 MOA AR riser would be a great option to set the scope up at the proper height for an AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't go wrong with Seekins products. A set of Seekins rings and their 20 MOA AR riser would be a great option to set the scope up at the proper height for an AR. </div></div>

Would there be any advantage between the setup you just mentioned and running an ADM that will be at the proper height out of the box?

I recently used a set of IOR 35mm alloy rings. They're quite nice and light, beautifully finished and have "radiused" edges
@ the ring/scope tube contact surfaces.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR FE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Would there be any advantage between the setup you just mentioned and running an ADM that will be at the proper height out of the box?</div></div>

I have never used ADM but have used alot of Seekins products and know they are top of the line so I highly recommend them. One advantage to the set up of using standard rings and the riser is that you can take the scope and rings off the AR rifle and use them on another bolt gun. They aren't always set at the higher position of a dedicated AR set up. I have my GAP-10 set up with a 20 MOA riser and set of rings so I can move my scope to my bolt gun where it spends most of its time.

If you plan on leaving the scope on the AR all the time then either set up will work.

I am a big fan of the ARC ( American Rifle Co.) rings. That is what's on my Razor HD. I have a set of their Gen 2 low 35mm. I like them because of good rail engagement.

This is my 2nd set of ARC. Had a set on my NF NXS. I have not found any ring marks on either scope with these rings.

I use ARC rings with my razor as well. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

ARC makes some very nice rings for the Razor's.

Their line of rings are actually very well thought out.

Don't know anything about mounting to an AR platform, but I went with US Optics for my 35mm rings.

Those ARCs certainly look interesting. What height rings would you boys recommend for an AR? I'm running a PRS stock.

Problem with Seekins is that they're slower than Cristmas. I ordered a set of their 34mm rings on 11/29 and were told they were on back order and I'm still waiting.

For an AR platform you're going to need rings that are about 30-32mm high from the ARC lineup. I forget exactly what the measurement is that they use for "High" but that's what I have for a Vortex Razor on my AR, and I'm using a PRS buttstock as well.

I have the vortex rings. I have used both the low and high rings, on a heavy caliber rifle and both were great.

I use Vortex (Seekins) rings on Rem 700, and DTA rings on SRS. Perfectly happy with both sets of rings.