• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 35mm scope level?

Which scope level

• Flatline Ops--Patriot plus $140

• Flatline Ops--Patriot plus $180

• wait for accuracy 1st to make a 35mm level

• rail mounted level

• hot glue gun a Home Depot level to the scope and forget about it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not yet shooting long distance. I have a 100 yard range and sometime they’ll finish the 300 yard range I’m planning to get to a 1000 eventually

Not yet shooting long distance. I have a 100 yard range and sometime they’ll finish the 300 yard range I’m planning to get to a 1000 eventually
Save your money and pass on the level for now. Maybe even forever. Have fun shooting.

Reactions: cmoore806
After all I’ve read that’s the direction I felt I’d end up going. Seems like a plumb bob and string is good enough for me. Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: wade2big
Tubb for low profile.
IMG_20190712_140422436_HDR.jpg

Holland's Signature Series. Well machined, easy to mount and tighten down and won't mar up your tube.

Attachments

• IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    585.7 KB · Views: 120
Hey guys, thanks for the MKM shoutouts :) I'll put my level up against any of em! I can't see spending $100+ for a level, and you'll find mine to be the easiest to set up, guaranteed. One bolt to tighten, you need hardly more than .1" of clearance to install on your optic with no removal, barely moves when you're bolting it up, etc.

I'm sold out of rail mount, 34mm, 35mm, and almost 30mm. These suckers are popular and I'll have another batch finished shortly after SHOT.

Reactions: cooper_257
Lastly, I wouldn't clamp a 34mm level on a 35mm tube. You "can", but it isn't right. If someone is in dire need I'd rather print you a thin shim to use my 36mm level on a 35mm tube.

Trying to decide between scope levels. I think either would get the job done. Is the ability to flip to the side a big deal?

$180-- Flatline Ops Alpha-35mm https://flatlineops.com/products/levels/alpha-35mm
$140--Flatline Ops Patriot Plus-35mm https://flatlineops.com/products/levels/patriot-35mm

Yes, the flip-out feature is VERY nice -- makes it easy to see the bubble with my left eye while my right eye is lined up behind the scope, even with the level mounted right behind the objective lens, which is much better than in back where it interferes with zooming. Then it lies down when you do not need it, so it doesn't catch on things when carrying.

But the greatest advantage to the FO is that you can adjust the bubble AFTER you have tightened the clamp down on the scope tube. Ones where you have to tighten the clamp down in EXACTLY the right place, allowing for movement caused by the tightening of the screws, are an extreme PAIN to mount. I've had it take me 20 tries to have the bubble be at all centered after the screws are tight. It is also the flip-out feature that enables the FO to be adjustable even after the clamp is tight, so there is another advantage of the flip-out aspect.

Now for the bad news. FO appears to be unreachable. I have a 34mm FO that needs a new part, and FO never answers their phone and does not respond to messages left by phone or through their website. This has been going on for two months.

I have several of their levels and they are clearly the best on the market, but you would think with the prices they get they would have a semblance of CS.

Yes, the flip-out feature is VERY nice -- makes it easy to see the bubble with my left eye while my right eye is lined up behind the scope, even with the level mounted right behind the objective lens, which is much better than in back where it interferes with zooming. Then it lies down when you do not need it, so it doesn't catch on things when carrying.

But the greatest advantage to the FO is that you can adjust the bubble AFTER you have tightened the clamp down on the scope tube. Ones where you have to tighten the clamp down in EXACTLY the right place, allowing for movement caused by the tightening of the screws, are an extreme PAIN to mount. I've had it take me 20 tries to have the bubble be at all centered after the screws are tight. It is also the flip-out feature that enables the FO to be adjustable even after the clamp is tight, so there is another advantage of the flip-out aspect.

Now for the bad news. FO appears to be unreachable. I have a 34mm FO that needs a new part, and FO never answers their phone and does not respond to messages left by phone or through their website. This has been going on for two months.

I have several of their levels and they are clearly the best on the market, but you would think with the prices they get they would have a semblance of CS.

This is exactly why a company with good customer service, forum support, a design that lets you see your level without needing a flipout design, and one-bolt tightening that doesn't move when you tighten it down exists...at 1/3 the price :D

Reactions: cooper_257
Tubb's 34/35mm scope level is what I've got on most of my scopes and they work great. low profile and easy to adjust. I run mine just in front of my front ring which puts it further from my aging eyes, makes it easier for me to see.

Reactions: 92trk
This is exactly why a company with good customer service, forum support, a design that lets you see your level without needing a flipout design, and one-bolt tightening that doesn't move when you tighten it down exists...at 1/3 the price :D

I know, but I've had yours and several other brands and the Flat-Ops is worth the extra money to me. In addition to the adjustability, with the flip-out I can have the level located where, when I am looking through my scope with my right eye, I can easily glance up with my left eye and check the level, without having to move my head at all.

I just bought another Flat-Ops level to replace the broken one. I figure sooner or later I will get hold of them and they will fix it. Having had several other brands of levels, I guess I am just hooked on the "flip out" design. Not to mention the ability to adjust the level to precisely center the bubble without having to loosen the clamp from the tube.

Follow up: I finally decided to either fix it myself or break it trying. Turns out I just needed to take the two halves apart and that exposes a large screw that holds a spring and plunger. The plunger falls into a detent that keeps the level open, or another one that keeps it closed. My screw had come loose. A little tightening with Purple Loc_Tite and my level is good as new.

As for the guy saying levels are not necessary, that's right -- until you start shooting long range. For example, you are wasting your time to show up to an F-Class match without a level.

Last edited:
in your experince is it better to use a scope mounted level or a mount/rings that has a level built in like a spuhr or MDT elite?

You don't need the level.

The secret is nobody actually pays attention to them when they're on the clock in a match. No time for that.

If your rifle fits you, you'll find that you never look at it because you'll just hold it where it feels right anyways.

The secret is nobody actually pays attention to them when they're on the clock in a match. No time for that.

If your rifle fits you, you'll find that you never look at it because you'll just hold it where it feels right anyways.
Reading your comment I was like man thats true. I often take like 3 shots and then I remember the freaking level, take a look at it if its a bit canted I adjust then I just forget about it again.

PRS and more precision/group oriented games are different however. If you're into F-class, ELR, etc it absolutely will make a difference.

Reactions: Islas82