• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 caliber 350 gr SMK?

Re: 375 caliber 350 gr SMK?

I used these bullets in my 375 tejas, my daughter killed a elk and the exit hole was about the size of a quarter. I killed a deer the first shot behind the shoulder exit hole was the size of a quarter {very little bloodshot on both broadside shots} and the kill shot to the head blew off the top of the head re-entered the shoulder with a 4" entance and exited out the hind quarter caliber size after smashing the pelvis and upper leg bone but I did find the intact hollow point tip broken off 3/8" long against the hide by the exit hole. I drilled out hollow point to .046" on the bullets to increase the chance of expansion. I dont believe this bullet will expand {only tumble} but it did kill both animals. My daughter later killed a doe with a hornady 300 spbt at 200 yards with a muzzle velocity of 3200 fps the exit hole was the size of a quarter entrance was just in front of the rear quarter exited just behind the front shoulder but the damage inside the guts looked like a grenade went off, the backbone was shattered for 10 inches and it was 8 inches above the bullets path of about 2 feet. Conclusion is im still looking for a hunting bullet for this rifle.