• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 Cheytac press

DanGuy48

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2012
Frederick, Md
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere (link would be great if it has) but my searches didn't find what I was after. I want to start doing hand loads for this new (for me) rifle and I'm not sure, given the size of this case, which presses are compatible. I assume only some of the single stage presses? I'll also be doing some 6mm Remington as well.

Re: .375 Cheytac press

Redding Big Boss II works great.....

Hollywood turret press if U wanta spend alot $$$$ and can find one.

For the money and a great press look at the Lee classic cast press. I got one just reload for 408 chey tac before i sold it

OK, I'm back again. Does anyone have any opinion on ease of switching dies on these single stage presses mentioned?

Also, I couldn't see that Hollywoods were available any longer but I did find these. Any opinions on these pro or con?

Redding UltraMag
http://www.redding-reloading.com/in...t&view=article&id=55:ultramag-reloading-press

Champion 444-H
http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/presses/044000

Champion
http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/presses/033000

RCE Walnut Hill combination
http://rceco.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=81&from=36

The Forster looked nice but also looked kind of small for long cartridges.

Just a ?? why did U leave out the Redding BBII? I've got a Hollywood turret that we load 50cal on & 375CT, but like the redding better for the 375CT. By the way it has 1.25" threads for the C&H dies, with the adapter it also makes it easier for the 338lm.

I was just adding ones that I didn't see mentioned earlier. The BB and BBII are pretty similar, aren't they? ( running off to check now)

Edit: probably cause I couldn't see from their info, what size cartridges it could handle. Good to know then that you're using it with .375 Cheytac. Thanks.

Post Revival
I have an Big Boss 2 press and inserted the Hornady Ln'L Bushings, but the they crack when I was reloading magnum calibers.
I lost my confidence on it.
Will this Frankford Arsenal works with 375 CT dies Diameter?

I have a Redding Big Boss II and it will load 375 cheytac but on some longer solids it can be hard to load as you will have to place the projo in the case mouth and then angle it up into the seating die as you place it on the shell holder.

At least that is how I have to do it using solids. It’s not so bad with smk’s.

So I recently bought a new press to load cheytac ammo.

I have yet to set it up. Probably in the next month or so. It is the Talon Advanced press made in Italy. It has threaded inserts for 7/8, 1-1/8, and 1-1/4 dies.

It has bearings on the shell plate/ram that guide it up and down during the stroke.

With that being said the minimum press I would use is a big boss II but I would still look at a Hollywood or 444-h press.

Attachments

• 378D6D57-D2B9-40A1-A11A-C4D76B2B02E8.jpeg
    378D6D57-D2B9-40A1-A11A-C4D76B2B02E8.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I've been using the RCBS ammo master for years to load 20mm Solothurn ammo so the little stuff like 50 BMG and 375 CT are gravy. It will take either the standard 7/8" dies or by removing the bushing will work with the 1.5" dies as well. I made a bushing for a friend to use his 1.25" dies on his ammo master press so that can be done too. He's been loading for his 375 for a little over a year now and has done a lot of quality ammo.....hitting 2 miles out on a 40" x 30" target.

Frank

I have a Redding Big Boss II and it will load 375 cheytac but on some longer solids it can be hard to load as you will have to place the projo in the case mouth and then angle it up into the seating die as you place it on the shell holder.

At least that is how I have to do it using solids. It’s not so bad with smk’s.

So I recently bought a new press to load cheytac ammo.

I have yet to set it up. Probably in the next month or so. It is the Talon Advanced press made in Italy. It has threaded inserts for 7/8, 1-1/8, and 1-1/4 dies.

It has bearings on the shell plate/ram that guide it up and down during the stroke.

With that being said the minimum press I would use is a big boss II but I would still look at a Hollywood or 444-h press.

Hi, any feedback on the Talon now? :) Looks pretty decent to me, curious what you have to say...

I use an rcbs rock chucker supreme. It has a bushing threaded into the top that allows you to use standard dies, unthread the bushing and it opens it up for the larger dies. I have to complaints.
Xdeano