• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Cheytac priming

Re: 375 Cheytac priming

Redding big boss II press, comes with a priming system. Haven't popped for the sinclair unit YET...

When you use the Sinclair hand primer, do you use the 408 head or is the 375 different?

I used the 30 year old RCBS press with the primer tool at the top of the frame this is the one that you install a primer and the brass stroke to full up position then swing this into the center line of the ram lowering it presses the primer in the case.
Worked very well

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wrigdon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What tools are you guys using to prime you 375 CT cases. </div></div>

The RCBS hand primer can be used. The shell holder is a little big and requires a little modification of the body. The modification is simple and the unit works fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: demolition51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sinclair hand primer. Very nice unit. </div></div>

+1...just started using mine. Sinclair makes some good stuff.

I use the Lee Auto prime 2 for my priming. It sits on top of the press, and uses a standard shell holder. So, if you have the proper shell holder, you can prime anything. It gives great feel and you don't finger the primers.