• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

375 CT Shooters Speak Up!!

XXXXX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2013
I am having a 375 CT built and would like to know about rate of twist for the high BC lathe turned monolithic bullets for extended long range.

Are you guys using the standard 11.5 inch twist, or are you going tighter?

Cheyenne Tactical uses an 11.5 inch twist on their M200, 375CT, but more bullets have come out since.

Are the 350 grainers still state of the art for the 375CT, or are heavier monolithic lathe turned bullets out and proven superior?

Dan Lilja offers barrels in 375 with a 9, 10, and 12 twist, and he suggested going with a 9 twist for the 350 grain bullets; however, Cheyenne Tactical, as I just mentioned, uses an 11.5 inch twist for those bullets, so you see where the confusion sets in. And this is complicated of course by the possibility of longer lathe turned bullets that might weigh more or even less depending on bullet taper.

So what do you 375 CT guys use and what have you experimented with? Help me out all you can, so I can avoid pricey time consuming mistakes. And don't worry, I have already paid my dues in rifle error long before getting to the ELR rifle game. It's time for some wisdom now, so speak up!!

Re: 375 CT Shooters Speak Up!!

I know stiller has a barreled action sitting at their shop... just not sure if its a 375 or 408... You should call them and ask. Sure would cut down wait time. It looks to be a heavy bastard for sure.

viperactions.com

You should put all your elr posts in the elr section. Just wondeting if this is your first bolt action rifle also? Well i can already guess its your first custom, lol

Rich

Funny Rich,

But being presumptive you are at about 15 MOA, with no decimal point between the 1 and the 5.

Not my first custom rifle. And I have owned several bolt guns.

But it is my first custom ELR rifle. LOL

Also, new to the sight, so I will look for the ELR section and post there.

Thanks for the tip. :)