• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Lapua Improved 40 Degree.

rigmaster10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
Wyoming
Parts are on the way. Im going to run 350 gr SMK out of it. Hoping to get 2950 fps reliably. Has anyone done one of these yet. Should be a fun round. And probably going to kick a bit. I know feeding is always an issue with the improved case. My other one took some tweaking.

Depending on barrel length, I doubt you will ever get 2950 fps. I can see 2800-2850. Since the 350gr Sierra has a lower BC, why not go with the 338 Yogi with 300gr Berger?

Very interested:

What muzzle brake you going to run?

CIP or Seekins Mags?

What twist rate you running?

Any interest in running any of the copper solids?
Im putting it on an AX chassis with NWP brake and NWP action. With 30" 1-10.5" twist bench mark

Depending on barrel length, I doubt you will ever get 2950 fps. I can see 2800-2850. Since the 350gr Sierra has a lower BC, why not go with the 338 Yogi with 300gr Berger?
I have a 338 Lapua Improved 40 degree im running at 3,000 fps. Just wanting to do a 375 version of the same case.

I never really cared for the ignition characteristics of the 375CT but I think 338-375AI is about right for a magnum large rifle primer.

I'm looking forward to the range report.

Will do it will be about a month. Have the hide cup and some other projects just ahead of it.

I have built a few variants on the 375 Ruger case. Its very efficient. I recently built what we called the 375 Hammer on that case with modified reamer and some throating work. I ran a 375 SMK @ 2,700 FPS but was very hard on brass. Which is why I'm switching to the Lapua imp case. Although if you want a nice 338 the Ruger case is a screamer.