• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 LM - 350 Gn. Seeking knowledge

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
Last post from Iraq. I thought I would go out with a bang here. I am really new to custom builds so bare with me.

I am wanting to build a .375 LM that shoots 350 Gn. Jamison's.
I'm going custom on this and I am completely open to any sudgestion and opinion's on everything on this build.

I am partial towards Manner's and McMillan stocks
smile.gif

Barrel?
Action?
Anything else to consider.

Thanks and appreciated.
Lw

Re: .375 LM - 350 Gn. Seeking knowledge

LM? As in Lapua Mag?

Are you talking about a 338 Lapua Mag case necked up to shoot 375 cal bullets or are you thinking about the 375 Cheytac round?

Not shure what round he´s meaning too,....but

necking up the 338 Lapua to use .375"Diam. 350grs Bullets has been don..

I´m getting 2795fps shooting 350grs SIERRA´s from a 28" BBL

Best
2RECON

I'm thinking he means a Cheytac considering (1), they are 350gn., (2), Jamison sells them, and (3), I'm not aware of a 375 LM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moon-raker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking he means a Cheytac considering (1), they are 350gn., (2), Jamison sells them, and (3), I'm not aware of a 375 LM. </div></div>

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was talking about the CT. I posted that literally 10 minutes before I was suppose to fly so I rushed it. I Was pretty tired...

Yes to avoid confusion I meant CT. Still seeking any guidance gents.

I really appreciate it a lot.
Thanks,
Lw

I'd wait for the DTA HTI to come out. I just shot the 375 in the HTI prototype, it's on my purchase list. I sold everything else above .338LM.

As long as you're waiting for DTI's HTI in 375 CT, you might just as well wait for DTI's 375 viersco mag. Im currently building a 375 snipe tac that was the brain child of Dave Viers. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about his new Viersco Mag until it was too late.

Dave's new VM will be about 200 fps faster than the 375 snipe tac and it's a real screamer. One of the guys on this site is having DTI build one of the first 375's in Daves new Viersco Mag and this bad boy is going to be one of the hottest guns on the planet.

Dave's developing this new cartridge and at the same time he's doing some test work on one of the new GS bullets for the 375 Cal.

You might want to check into this new cartridge. I think the HTI will be the bomb in this new cartridge, but the weight will still be over 20 pounds. I need something lighter than this for hunting Idaho, so I've asked Dave at black diamond to look into deveoping a bull pup like DTI's so I can get it into a lighter package....

cheers
kz