• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Mercenary

tomsgarage

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2019
RCC has had good brass available for some time now but I see no new post of anyone talking of results with it? Is it not working out as well as expected?
I have had my eye on a build in this caliber for a while but it doesn't seem to gaining any momentum.

The 375 mercenary brass from rcc is great but the mercenary lost appeal due to the crappy brass made by the aussie manufactor .lol. Plus the 375 is loosing ground in the elr world due to the intrest of the 408, 416 458 etc. The mercenary is the best option next to our 375 mars and 375 centuren. If a guy is still intrested in a 375. but the 375 is almost onsolite in the elr world

There is 3 guys shooting the new mercenary brass its working out great but then you can have the 400 warlord and still use the cheytac action and out perform the 416 barrett with a 450 grain bullet why build a 375

Reactions: b2lee
The 375 mercenary brass from rcc is great but the mercenary lost appeal due to the crappy brass made by the aussie manufactor .lol. Plus the 375 is loosing ground in the elr world due to the intrest of the 408, 416 458 etc. The mercenary is the best option next to our 375 mars and 375 centuren. If a guy is still intrested in a 375. but the 375 is almost onsolite in the elr world
I’m not sure the 375 is almost obsolete... did Bertram make some brass that was no good?

Shitty, I want to like them. I’m having good luck with their Cheytac brass and was leaning their way for 338 snipetac brass.

Shitty, I want to like them. I’m having good luck with their Cheytac brass and was leaning their way for 338 snipetac brass.
In the words of forest gump. Its like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will end up with. Biggest problem with aussie brass is it depends on the day if its guna be good. One batch is strong next batch same cartridge different run its weak junk. And of corse its never consistant. A good friend bought 2000 rounds of 7mm wsm after culling he ended up with less the 300 useable cases that has the same h20 for f class needless to say he sold the batch . In our case with the mercenary a huge order and did not get any thing correct length was way off by .030 h20 was off by 25 grains and died on the first shot. but the brass we formed from ironically His manufactured 585 nyatti case has been shot over and over and over again with no issues. Had the brass been made to spects that he agreed in writing to do we would not be having problems. Had he taken care of his mistake again no problems. But its for the best as we gave all business to a US manufactor. His loss and a lesson for us. Funny part is the 15 different cartridges we have had made could have been his products if he had only taken care of his customers
I realize admins of the hide may not like bad mouthing manufactors. There is no lies only truth. No slandering only facts. I only wish and hope the best for any one who uses aussie brass and that the manufactor learns from this and starts taking care of their customers.

Last edited:
He has had good and bad batches of cheytac brass . Cant go wrong with petersen cheytac and its cheaper then the aussie brass

As far as the 375 being obsolite for elr ? No not yet but 5 years ago the 338 lapua was a entry level cartridge but now obsolite . And now the 37 xc and 375 enabelr is a entry Level cartridge . In about 4 more years the cheytac will most likly be the entry level cartridge

Didn’t Peterson have a problem with with soft case heads? In the prc or something?

Didn’t Peterson have a problem with with soft case heads? In the prc or something?
Not sure. Every company has issues sometimes what makes a company good or bad is do they take careof there problems and customer

Last edited:
Reactions: Geno C.
Not sure. Every company has issues sometimes what makes a company good or bad is do they take careof there problems and customer
Agreed. Have 3 shooting buddies that are in the middle of some, not so smooth dealings with RCC right now actually. How they end up handling it will determine if I do business with them going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: Tokay444
RCC has had good brass available for some time now but I see no new post of anyone talking of results with it? Is it not working out as well as expected?
I have had my eye on a build in this caliber for a while but it doesn't seem to gaining any momentum.
I was a little disappointed with my RCC brass, was expecting a cnc machined product that wouldn’t require any work on my part. Unfortunately the necks had to be turned and the thickness around the circumference of neck wasn’t very uniform.
The headspace had to be bumped back .004” also.(My gunsmith informed me of the necks needing turned when I sent reamer and components to make a dummy round up to him. He turned the brass on his lathe. I purchased a 50 cal 21st century lathe in anticipation of future neck turnings.)
When I couldn’t get dies I decided to buy custom, Had the die maker true up the brass and make me a seater and sizing die.
Hopefully the brass lasts the life of the barrel, will find out in the next few weeks🤞

We have had very few issues with Rcc but of corse we are not making sammi cartridges The 50 bmg and wildcate of the 50 is a huge problem
Main reason is there is no consistancy in manufactored dementions and chambers are very loose dies are a problem as well sized from what to what. Guys need to understand this is a new manufactoring process so unless they spect out everything there is going to be bugs that need to be worked out they will get it figured out . Most of the problems rcc has had is. 1. The customer not knowing that they are doing or not giving the correct information 2. Rcc not asking all the questions that need to be asked so that the brass can be made properly . 3 not spect and confermed and checked prior to doing the run. Manugactoring brass this way is new ground in many cases tooling has to be made and designed for each parent cartridge design . If it was easy every one would be doing it. Most manufacturing companies have no idea how in the hell Rcc is even able to do this. So be patient and understanding and work with them to see the best possable end results.

We have had over 15 different cartridges and calibers made from Rcc and only one issue that was a easy fix and it was our fault cause we did not give the the information needed.

When you have a reamer drawing, there is no excuse for making brass that does not fit the chamber.

Last edited:
A good manufacturing company always blames the customer.

I’ve got an idea for RCC.
Start chambering barrels and spinning dies as well. Then you’ll control the full process and never have a problem again. People are buying these parts of their projects already, so it’s not as if the money isn’t there to be spent.

I guess I should have bought the brass first then spec’d out the reamer to match it??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I was under the impression that the reamer from precision tool and the brass from rcc were supposed to work together?

I guess I should have bought the brass first then spec’d out the reamer to match it??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I was under the impression that the reamer from precision tool and the brass from rcc were supposed to work together?
Its not always that easy brass can be off. reamers can be off. Go gages can be off. Cut chambers can be off. Best thing is to work off fireformed brass and sized brass and spect out brass before a run is made

Its not always that easy brass can be off. reamers can be off. Go gages can be off. Cut chambers can be off. Best thing is to work off fireformed brass and sized brass and spect out brass before a run is made
I find that rather confusing, whenever our engineers at work send a print to a machine shop the work usually arrives as spec’d. Especially when it’s something spinning really fast. Is it common place for the gunsmithing community to be so sloppy? Especially when you’re basically setting a big explosion off by your face??

I find that rather confusing, whenever our engineers at work send a print to a machine shop the work usually arrives as spec’d. Especially when it’s something spinning really fast. Is it common place for the gunsmithing community to be so sloppy? Especially when you’re basically setting a big explosion off by your face??
When you do receive something from a supplier that isn’t to spec, do they first blame you the customer?

When you do receive something from a supplier that isn’t to spec, do they first blame you the customer?
No, they usually get cut from the ISN network if they have too many occurrences and we can no longer deal with them.

No, they usually get cut from the ISN network if they have too many occurrences and we can no longer deal with them.
That’s generally been my experience as well, but blaming the customer was 1 on RCC’s list of who to blame, so I wondered.
These are the exact reason we have tolerances and allowances. So a component made at vender X, functions identical to the same component from vendor Y, even if they’re half way around the world from each other.

Reactions: badassgunworks
In agreement 👍
Don’t know all the players, don’t know that I really care. My brass is all geometrically sized now and I hope it last the life of the barrel (hopefully this thing will hold sub moa at distance). Doubt I will go down this road again, will research other avenues to provide quality brass that won’t require a lot of work.

I can tell you this much if o.d. and taper and length and ring diamiter and datum is correct it should chamber. If the chamber is cut to spects. if chamber is cut to spects brass is not. If they are both ends of spectrum of sammi datum length. If chamber is the short end of sammi and brass is on long end if sammi it wont chamber. With out chambering deeper or bumping back datum.

I can tell you this much if o.d. and taper and length and ring diamiter and datum is correct it should chamber. If the chamber is cut to spects. if chamber is cut to spects brass is not. If they are both ends of spectrum of sammi datum length. If chamber is the short end of sammi and brass is on long end if sammi it wont chamber. With out chambering deeper or bumping back datum. I know there has been some issues mostly human error and mis communication. But also customer issues and gunsmithing issues. Simply manufactoring brass to be sloppy to chamber to fireform is what this industry is use to. attempting to close that gap and make chamber matched brass is not easy

Last edited:
Reactions: jasent
I can tell you this much if o.d. and taper and length and ring diamiter and datum is correct it should chamber. If the chamber is cut to spects. if chamber is cut to spects brass is not. If they are both ends of spectrum of sammi datum length. If chamber is the short end of sammi and brass is on long end if sammi it wont chamber. With out chambering deeper or bumping back datum. I know there has been some issues mostly human error and mis communication. But also customer issues and gunsmithing issues. Simply manufactoring brass to be sloppy to chamber to fireform is what this industry is use to. attempting to close that gap and make chamber matched brass is not easy
This is where I get really confused, the reamer specifications are given. (Are you saying the reamer maker is making a substandard product)? Or is the manufacturer of the CNC brass at fault? Obviously there is a disconnect between the two.
You don't have a CAD drawing and expect just good enough, at least the engineers I work for don't.

This is where I get really confused, the reamer specifications are given. (Are you saying the reamer maker is making a substandard product)? Or is the manufacturer of the CNC brass at fault? Obviously there is a disconnect between the two.
You don't have a CAD drawing and expect just good enough, at least the engineers I work for don't.
I have no idea what went wrong in Manufacturing. Brass could be off and or reamer could be off. And or go gage could be off causing chamber to be off. Thats why everything needs to be spect out. When you are trying to make close tolerance brass if the chamber is ever so slightly off a tight tolerance case will not fit where as lose tolerance Factory brass May fit. Not putting blame anywhere just simply stating stuff needs to be spect out to figure out where the problem is as far as Reamers being off yes it's highly possible I have seen it many a times. A reamer is a manufactured part just like the brass and so is the go gauge.

See, that's where I have a problem. I paid top dollar for a sub standard product. If you can't meet the dimensions of the print don't have a bunch of excuses. This might be acceptable at the some levels but I guarantee you its not normal for the functional world. I'm beginning my load development, for the 375merc , tomorrow. Hopefully all turns out well.
I'm still really disappointed that some of you so called experts/gunsmiths are so sloppy.