• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 Raptor Recipe

If you scroll through the pages on RobEmm's post above, you will find the original data for 10X from the 375 Raptor page. It was considered one of the go to powders for .375.

If you scroll through the pages on RobEmm's post above, you will find the original data for 10X from the 375 Raptor page. It was considered one of the go to powders for .375.
I noticed that. It should give me a place to start on my 270gr Speers, which are the cheapest bullet I have.

The Maker, Peregrine, and Accubond may take some figuring.

Speaking of bullets, I have some other ones I am keeping an eye on.

Lehigh 185gr CC. Intended for the 375 socom, I think, but one reviewer used them in 375 raptor.

Cutting edge maximus 250gr.

Hammer makes some lighter weight 375 cal bullets, too.

Oh and some speer 235s for plinking.

I still like the Maker design the most. I think I would like the petals to stay attached.

Not sure what types of guns everyone is using but I'm still waiting for backordered items to finish my 16" bolt build. Also have a .375 A-B Raptor 10 can still in jail. I currently have the 190, 350, and 400 Makers. As far as bullets for plinking, I have and look forward to working up some loads for the PRVI Partizan 300 grain FMJ. At $.059 per bullet from Graf & Sons, it's the most economical .375 projectile I can find.

Reactions: RobEmm
I have a 24" internally suppressed bolt gun barrel coming. 16" of barrel and 8" of baffles. Got a boat load of 400gr Makers and Lee dies. I need to pick up 500 of the Speer 270gr. Wondering how fast I can push them from a 16" bolt gun barrel? It looks like we're all using pretty fast .223/ 308 powder. Wondering what the confluence of speed and case fill for supersonic loads in a bolt gun would be? 8208, 4895, 2230, 2460, Xterminator, TAC? Or faster like 2200, 4198, H110, 1680?

This is sort of where I’m headed. Can anyone post a pic of their raptor like this? L to R 400gr lazer, 390gr sicbm2, 390 atip
AA377BD3-5091-4C53-BB1E-1BC0A27E7810.jpeg

I am loading the Speer 270 gr with 10X powder. The recipe I have showes 43 grains is the max. but it looks like it would be a compressed load especially in LC Brass. Anyone using 10X for the 270 gr. that can help?

Would anyone be interested in a large order (maybe 5000) of 375 raptor casings?

I know someone who is entertaining the idea of putting an order into Starline. But they are wanting to try to break up the order a bit.

It's more than what I can commit to, but I figured I would put the word out.

5000 per person.

The cost per casing sounded like it would be reasonable (less than $1, maybe 70 cents).

I would think a person could resell the brass they didn't need pretty easy.

Isn't that starline's job, lol
The minimum Starline will do is 50,000 cases and there's an additional retooling cost. (In this case the retooling cost would already be covered.)

They don't mess with trying to sell wildcat cases in small amounts, which is understandable.

Yeah, $5k on brass and hoping people would buy it is a stretch for me.

I would prefer converting brass at that price/qty.

Just curious, how many cases would you be willing to get if you could get any quantity?

They are headstamped 375 Raptor.

250 @ $1 per.

Buy Qty goes up as price per case goes down.
It sounds like that will be possible. I think Black Collar Arms got in on the deal. I know those guys like the raptor. I should know more soon.

Hey, I have a question for you reloaders.

Both my Lee die and my CH4D die (375 Raptor) barely size the shoulder back far enough. My die is set so the shellholder contacts the die, and then the press cams over.

I have to have a stouter cam over in order for the case to then pass my case gauge, otherwise the case sticks out of the upper limit of the case gauge. Not by much, but enough to catch a straight edge.

I would like to be able to size the case to more in the middle of the headspace dimensions.

I also feel like I am working the press harder than needed, but maybe that's not a concern.

I am new to reloading, so I worry I am missing something. Something could be out of spec (I know it could be the shellholder) but I hope it's just user error.

Any thoughts on what to double check? I hope I explained the issue well enough. I will try to post some pictures when I get home.

It sounds like that will be possible. I think Black Collar Arms got in on the deal. I know those guys like the raptor. I should know more soon.

Both my Lee die and my CH4D die (375 Raptor) barely size the shoulder back far enough. My die is set so the shellholder contacts the die, and then the press cams over.

I have to have a stouter cam over in order for the case to then pass my case gauge, otherwise the case sticks out of the upper limit of the case gauge. Not by much, but enough to catch a straight edge.

I would like to be able to size the case to more in the middle of the headspace dimensions.

I also feel like I am working the press harder than needed, but maybe that's not a concern.

I am new to reloading, so I worry I am missing something. Something could be out of spec (I know it could be the shellholder) but I hope it's just user error.

Any thoughts on what to double check? I hope I explained the issue well enough. I will try to post some pictures when I get home.
You might need to file the base of your die so it bumps the shoulders more. Or the smith needed to run the reamer in a thou or two farther

I would make sure your dies are clean.

Also, Re: filing the base of the die down, I would get a flat surface (granite, glass, mic-6 plate) and tape a 120 or 180 grit piece of sand paper to it. And run the shell holder over it until it measures thinner by the amount of additional bump you want. It is much cheaper to replace a shell holder, and much easier to control the flatness of the surface when removing material.

The minimum Starline will do is 50,000 cases and there's an additional retooling cost. (In this case the retooling cost would already be covered.)

They don't mess with trying to sell wildcat cases in small amounts, which is understandable.

Just curious, how many cases would you be willing to get if you could get any quantity?

They are headstamped 375 Raptor.
I would be interested in getting about 350 cases.

Shave .001-.002” off your shell holder

Finally complete, other than scope choice. Just took this one off my CVA Scout. Did my best to support as many manufacturers as possible in this build.
AB Raptor 10 is still in jail & patiently waiting for a seating die. Any thoughts on a sight? Been thinking 1-8 LVPO.
Zermatt Origin action
Black Collar barrel
Timney Hit trigger
Ultradyne Chassis
MDT Grip & Folding mech
XLR Stock

IMG_6246.jpg

Finally complete, other than scope choice. Just took this one off my CVA Scout. Did my best to support as many manufacturers as possible in this build.
AB Raptor 10 is still in jail & patiently waiting for a seating die. Any thoughts on a sight? Been thinking 1-8 LVPO.
Zermatt Origin action
Black Collar barrel
Timney Hit trigger
Ultradyne Chassis
MDT Grip & Folding mech
XLR Stock

View attachment 8291790
You might look into a 2-something power scope.

I have a lpvo and a 2-12, and I am not sure I see the need for down to 1x.

Just something to consider.

Will definitely consider that. Was thinking LVPO more just for the compactness. The temporary scope mounted is a Nikon 2-7 which is fine size and magnification wise, but will definitely get something a little higher quality, maybe in 600-$700 range and will mount it much closer to bore.

completely new to this forum, but came here specifically for this thread. I'm making the dive into 375 raptor, so don't have anything built yet, but the CH4D dies are in hand, so I'm committed. One of AB's raptor cans will be added, considering the BOGO they've got going on right now, but the only other real requirement I am putting on myself is that I want it to be a gas AR at about 10-12" barrel so the OAL isn't very long. Hoping to avoid a bolt, so I'd be happy to get a 18-20 barrel with whatever gas length is needed so I could have reliable cycling/lock back.

With that in mind, I know there was a bit of discussion on a carbine gas cycling, but is there a general consensus on what gas length's are good to cycle 400gr subs, meaning I need a bit longer barrel than I'd like? The 375raptor.com is down enough for me that I can't find what I thought I was reading, but I thought they were saying we could run shorter barrels - I just can't remember if they were talking about AR platform or bolts.

Sorry if this is a bit nonsensical/rambly, but since I'll definitely be shooting both supers/subs (emphasis on subs), I prefer not to make a mistake before putting the barrel order in. Thanks!

completely new to this forum, but came here specifically for this thread. I'm making the dive into 375 raptor, so don't have anything built yet, but the CH4D dies are in hand, so I'm committed. One of AB's raptor cans will be added, considering the BOGO they've got going on right now, but the only other real requirement I am putting on myself is that I want it to be a gas AR at about 10-12" barrel so the OAL isn't very long. Hoping to avoid a bolt, so I'd be happy to get a 18-20 barrel with whatever gas length is needed so I could have reliable cycling/lock back.

With that in mind, I know there was a bit of discussion on a carbine gas cycling, but is there a general consensus on what gas length's are good to cycle 400gr subs, meaning I need a bit longer barrel than I'd like? The 375raptor.com is down enough for me that I can't find what I thought I was reading, but I thought they were saying we could run shorter barrels - I just can't remember if they were talking about AR platform or bolts.

Sorry if this is a bit nonsensical/rambly, but since I'll definitely be shooting both supers/subs (emphasis on subs), I prefer not to make a mistake before putting the barrel order in. Thanks!
I have a 14” x-caliber with carbine length gas. My superlative arms cycles subs with the gas at 6 clicks into bleed off mode(24 total). I don’t think you will have trouble with carbine gas on a 12” barrel. You would run into dwell time issues on a 10” with carbine gas.

An adjustable gas block will be needed for sure, I would think.

You might talk to Mos-Tek. They would know what seems to be working, plus they make good barrels.

Last I checked, they have a 16" AR barrel ready to ship on their website. It looks to be setup more for subs, but I think you could get supers working, too.

That barrel tempts me, but I have spent too much on guns this year.

I would look for a barrel length/ gas length combination that fits a Riflespeed adjustable gas block because I suspect the pressure difference is between 400 grain subsonics and 270 grains supersonics is going to be much more drastic than something like a 300 blackout. I could see where you would need to change your gas settings in between ammo. I don't think there's a gas block out there that does it better than a rifle speed. You just have to configure your rail system, barrel length and gas port so that you get a little bit of its adjusting collar ahead of the forearm and behind the suppressor.

I would look for a barrel length/ gas length combination that fits a Riflespeed adjustable gas block because I suspect the pressure difference is between 400 grain subsonics and 270 grains supersonics is going to be much more drastic than something like a 300 blackout. I could see where you would need to change your gas settings in between ammo. I don't think there's a gas block out there that does it better than a rifle speed. You just have to configure your rail system, barrel length and gas port so that you get a little bit of its adjusting collar ahead of the forearm and behind the suppressor.
I have been wanting a Riflespeed for my 308.

For anyone running an AB raptor can, remember the reflex mount comes back over the barrel and this may effect your gas block and the ability to adjust it.

The reflex may also hit the handguard unless you are using one with a large inner diameter. The big aero precision handguards will cover the can, but not by much. Too close for my comfort, So I got a shorter reflex mount.

Just another thing to keep in mind.

damn, I didn't know riflespeed existed, that block is awesome. There probably isn't any benefit to running a heavier profile barrel that would require a .875 block, correct? I ask because Riflespeed only has their .750 blocks available, and .875 at some point in the unknown future. I won't abuse this thing by throwing a thousand rounds down it in a weekend, but it wouldn't shock me if I easily get a few hundred in a day one or twice a year.

Between me liking the idea of that block and wanting to run a longer reflex on that AB Raptor can, a longer barrel is probably prudent anyway, which will help allow for a bit of a longer handguard.

Probably want to reach out to whoever's making a barrel to ask about the gas block diameter. 375 is a big bore. Because of that caliber there are going to be certain muzzle threads you can't do. For instance, I am reasonably certain you cannot do a 5/8 24 muzzle thread because there isn't enough meat with a 375 bore. 625-375=250/2=.125 muzzle thickness. You'll likely get belling at the crown. Likewise, if you did a .750 contour that only leaves .375 of material that has to be split 50/50 to make up the barrel. .188 wall thickness. And if you have to do a 3/4 x 24 muzzle thread you don't have a shoulder to seat your suppressor against.

I was thinking that originally, but straight from AB's website - "All reflexes are made out of premium titanium, have a 1.625” diameter and have a 5/8-24 mount." That's what made me thing a thinner barrel would be OK, and MosTek's barrel profile options do list several with a .74 at the muzzle/shoulder, and .85 before the block. I printed off everything from the 375 raptor website, and couldn't find anything that mentioned this concern outside of the designers saying to have the barrel threaded 3/4x24 (sounds good), but then Black Collar recommends the AB heavily.

Leaves me thinking "WTF, I'm dumb", but starting with a call to AB to see if they make a reflex with 3/4 threading makes sense.

I was thinking that originally, but straight from AB's website - "All reflexes are made out of premium titanium, have a 1.625” diameter and have a 5/8-24 mount." That's what made me thing a thinner barrel would be OK, and MosTek's barrel profile options do list several with a .74 at the muzzle/shoulder, and .85 before the block. I printed off everything from the 375 raptor website, and couldn't find anything that mentioned this concern outside of the designers saying to have the barrel threaded 3/4x24 (sounds good), but then Black Collar recommends the AB heavily.

Leaves me thinking "WTF, I'm dumb", but starting with a call to AB to see if they make a reflex with 3/4 threading makes sense.
It would make a lot of things much easier if you can do a .750 contour at the muzzle and gas block; 5/8 threads. Maybe I'm steering you wrong. I'll be quiet and see how this turns out. Let us know, I'm curious now.

I think Mos-Tek can do 5/8 muzzles.

However, in my case, we did 3/4 muzzle threads.

AB makes an adapter from 3/4 to 5/8. Adapters can introduce issues, but the guys at mos-tek were okay with AB's precision.

Also, there are two reflexes. One for bull barrels and one for skinnier barrels. Make sure your barrel diameter will fit!

Here is the adapter.

20231223_000946.jpg

Here is a .375 270gr Speer bullet sitting in the adapter showing plenty of clearance.
20231223_001509.jpg

AB only does 5/8 reflex mounts, but they also have adapters for 3/4 (like mine above) and 1/2.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't get a notification about new posts on this thread.

AB only does 5/8 reflex mounts, but they also have adapters for 3/4 (like mine above) and 1/2.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't get a notification about new posts on this thread.
Nope, that photo of the adapter puts my mind at ease, and I'll just go with the bull barrel and bigger gas block, then hope that riflespeed finishes up their testing and releases that line by the time the barrel finds me so I can play with a new block. Thanks, gents!

Well, maybe not a bull profile, but larger than .74
You might already know this, but in case you don't, if your barrel diameter near the muzzle is larger than 3/4" then you will want to order a bull size reflex.

The standard reflex won't fit a barrel diameter larger than 3/4".

You might already know this, but in case you don't, if your barrel diameter near the muzzle is larger than 3/4" then you will want to order a bull size reflex.

The standard reflex won't fit a barrel diameter larger than 3/4".
Absolutely, you pointed that out earlier and the adapter being as big as it is made me think the larger barrel is needed, necessitating that thinner reflex. Thanks for the reminder

Absolutely, you pointed that out earlier and the adapter being as big as it is made me think the larger barrel is needed, necessitating that thinner reflex. Thanks for the reminder
We wouldn't have to worry about suppressor details, if the darn things werent so hard to get. I would love to be able to order additional reflex mounts, but the ATF won't let AB do that. Oh, well.

One additional note on the reflex, I believe they will let you swap reflexes as long as you DON'T shoot with it.

Once mine got approved, I tried it out on all my rifles before I shot through it, in case I needed a different reflex.

We wouldn't have to worry about suppressor details, if the darn things werent so hard to get. I would love to be able to order additional reflex mounts, but the ATF won't let AB do that. Oh, well.

One additional note on the reflex, I believe they will let you swap reflexes as long as you DON'T shoot with it.

Once mine got approved, I tried it out on all my rifles before I shot through it, in case I needed a different reflex.
I think you're correct, at least according to silencer shops website. Hopefully that's the case, but hell yeah, we should be able to buy more reflexes. I view them as more of a proprietary muzzle device, but I'm sure it has to do with the description of the reflex acting as a "sacrificial baffle" and the extra volume permanently attached to the rear of the reflex.

So…..it’s my first post here and I‘m mostly a student. I’ve been reading the forum for a long time.
I retired from my day business in 2019 and went into the brass business before the plandemic hit. It ruined several cool projects I was working on. I have a friend in Houston, Arne Brennan, he developed the 375 and 45 Raptor as well as the 6.5 Grendel. I pretty much work behind the scene for others but after seeing there is a need here I figured I would steer you to member Halworx Ballistics. He can supply you with 375 Raptor head stamped brass. I work with him on the 8.6 Blackout as well.

Have fun and look forward to posting more often….

Would anyone be interested in a large order (maybe 5000) of 375 raptor casings?

I know someone who is entertaining the idea of putting an order into Starline. But they are wanting to try to break up the order a bit.

It's more than what I can commit to, but I figured I would put the word out.
I would be interested in 250-500