• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

375 Snipetac 410gr berger speed

Bradb_33541

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
USA
With the advent of the new 410gr berger hybrid, I got to wondering about a project I could put together for it. I’m considering a 375 Cheytac improved (Snipetac). But I was wondering what sort of velocity I would get out of this. I am intending on a longer barrel (38”). I have seen some with the same chambering achieve about 3150 with a 400 grain MTH cutting edge with a 36 inch barrel. Given how the cup core bullets generally run a little slower than the solids, should I assume the new berger, with it’s slight to weight gain, to run about the same (3150 fps) with a slightly longer barrel? I haven’t seen very much data for the improved variant of this case so I’m kind of unsure of what to expect any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I can run 390gr Atips at 3150 but dropped it down slightly to around 3100.