• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 37mm launchers ?!?!?!

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
any one use them ? what do they recoil like ( 12 ga shotgun? )

though about getting one and sticking on the bottom of my hk usc, was going to get a short 7 or 9 inch model like the spikes.

ya i know its over kill and a waste of money... but iam nutty like that. Any Opinions ?

Re: 37mm launchers ?!?!?!

Take a look at what flares cost...

Yes, my dad has one of the standalone Cobray 37mm launchers and it was fun until the mainspring broke.

Parts are made of unobtainium so you're SOL if it goes south and you can't make another one.

Flares are expensive and run a lot of fire risk shooting them, I'd be surprised if you found a range that would allow you to shoot them there for that reason. We figured out how to reload them, but as they use black powder and several other not-so-common chemicals and it involves quite a few steps I won't post it or tell anyone else how to do it. The risk of getting a problem is too much for me to deal with. I think it may also require a Fed. Explosives license now too.

My advice would be to spend the money on ammo and trigger time.

Local guy has a Spikes on his gun and I laugh at him all the time, I mean....whats the use?

Spend your 200-300 bucks on ammo or something useful, IMO.

If you buy a 37mm launcher I hope it blows up in your hands. It would help us all out a lot. Recoil, on a smoke round? Seriously? As Outsy said, go back to COD please.

He just wants to burn the target down so he doesn't have to shoot those .4" groups...Sorry James, I just couldn't resist...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

any one use them ? what do they recoil like ( 12 ga shotgun? )

though about getting one and sticking on the bottom of my hk usc, was going to get a short 7 or 9 inch model like the spikes.

ya i know its over kill and a waste of money... but iam nutty like that. Any Opinions ? </div></div>

I've had the pleasure of utilizing the 37mm and 40mm variants. Recoil for the loads we were issued was much less than that of a 12 gauge. What would you be shooting with it? Other than to impress the holster sniffers at the range, shouldn't you use your cash for better items?

He is going to shoot it while wearing his ghillie suit to the range for senior citizens day. He will be the talk of the retirement home rifle team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He just wants to burn the target down so he doesn't have to shoot those .4" groups...Sorry James, I just couldn't resist...
grin.gif
</div></div>

hahahaha that was funny....

<span style="font-weight: bold">[/b]"i hope it blows up in your hands"</span> just when i think you cannot be a bigger jiz bag, you impress me that much more.

honestly i have never been around a launcher, what would i shoot it at... have no idea, my friend has a private lake maybe we could launch something up and let it fall in the lake, no risk of fire their.

ya big waist of money i know thats why i was wanting to ask about them, before i bought one... and ya i would pretty much just put it on for the oh and ahhh effect.. not really sure what the ammo cost or what i could do with it... not like i will blow any ones door up or any thing

edit: whats COD

Why take up the bandwith on the forum if you knew it was an absurd question?

Keep one thing in mind, flares are signaling devices for people in distress. Shoot one of those things into the air,especially near a body of water, and someone may call the authorities thinking someones in trouble. If that happens, you may be the one in trouble...

Had one years ago.
Bought a box of "bird bombs" when I got it.
It was $10.00 a shot back then.
No recoil, till the one that blew the locking lever off!
Boom around us was more the the bang downrange.
Barrel and grip went forward, and sheared off the stop screw on the front of the slide.
Guess they're safe that way!

PS.
Don't lob one over your buddies head, as he is changing targets, so I hear;)

TC

ya i read that.... like i said just something i have though about and since i have no real world black ops ninja training i though i would ask those that might so

I think that you would be better off spending the money on ammo and learning how to shoot that clone of yours better that is too heavy and the scope doesnt have enough magnification to be able to shoot good groups with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why take up the bandwith on the forum if you knew it was an absurd question? </div></div>

cause its still a question that iam curious about just off the wall curious... something to ask... if i knew every thing i wouldnt be at this sight asking the questions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that you would be better off spending the money on ammo and learning how to shoot that clone of yours better that is too heavy and the scope doesnt have enough magnification to be able to shoot good groups with. </div></div>

or use the money for a scope to shoot the groups since i sold the other one.... ya your right i was just curious thats all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
vltr.jpg

Never mind the 37mm.Dream BIG!!
I got mine at Target on sale. Couldn't be happier.
smile.gif
</div></div>

hahahaha OMG vary intense, strap that to my shotgun and call it a day hahaha

thanks for the heads up... ill see what i can do but its vary time consuming to go back and use the spel cheker ande i donte hav the tim foar it

James I have the have the spikes 37mm flare setup I live in the bush so only thing is dont burn stuff down when its dry. I have shot it with a 12 ga flare and no recoil not even with the 37 mm flare I would think. I think around lots of people it would be a waste but it may save my life someday if stranded by boat. The 37mm.com site has lots of info but the warning is darn right scary. Guys shoot them in large gravel pits about the only place you can shoot down there and then dont burn the area up rule 1 shoot one at people and go to jail no 200.00 . I love mine waste of money hell ya fun to shoot and have hell ya day when to will longer be able to buy soon I would think spell check police bugger off .

Mysteriously I was able to name the OP after reading the thread.

Jim,

I'm so happy you came back to join us after your summer vacation. I can't tell you the delight I feel every time I see that exclamation point. Shine on you crazy bastard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
vltr.jpg

Never mind the 37mm.Dream BIG!!
I got mine at Target on sale. Couldn't be happier.
smile.gif
</div></div>
I played with one of those in Iraq if I remember correctly. Funny the toys that roam around that country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is very similar to shooting these.
firecracker.jpg
</div></div>
Just liquid nail that under the barrel
laugh.gif

Disclaimer, this is just a joke! Do not try it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is very similar to shooting these.
firecracker.jpg
</div></div>
Just liquid nail that under the barrel
laugh.gif

Disclaimer, this is just a joke! Do not try it! </div></div>

i have never shot them either... wow i guess iam sheltered lol

I bought one for my bushmaster back in the mid '90s for around $200. I put it on the rifle once, took a picture then put it back in the box. There it sits to this day in the back of the closet. dumbest purchase I've ever made.

I'd imagine that they might have a use as a stand alone for LEO use for disbursing less lethal and OC. Can't see it being used for that while being under slung a rifle.

Most of those 37mm flare launchers will not handle the pressure of the LEO cartridges.

There are probably some people who think just shootings guns is a waste of money and dangerous as hell.

If you want to do it, Grog's website posted above is a well of good information.

Law enforcement agencies purchase dedicated launchers made to handle LEO munitions, not flare launchers.

ya i decided this will be a huge waste of money, i need allot of other things such as time behind my rifles.... get a little custom work on my usp... ammo ammo ammo lol some magazines would be nice.

i would do the same take a pic of it on the gun and put it away

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya i decided this will be a huge waste of money, i need allot of other things such as time behind my rifles.... get a little custom work on my usp... ammo ammo ammo lol some magazines would be nice.

i would do the same take a pic of it on the gun and put it away

</div></div>

Really, 40 responses later and this you decide
crazy.gif
FWIW, there is post on Silencer Talk a year ago, it was fucking up the guys LWRC upper. It chewed the hell outy of his handrail. He was using it with the Shivek shotgun adapter

Why you don't that shit

The video's are funny, my old Sergeant would sum it up as "Some Dumb Shit!"

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08OKxyfO_kk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08OKxyfO_kk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LaMfHuMUZg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LaMfHuMUZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

And the final, "Dude you broke your shit video!"

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTB46t43jTE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTB46t43jTE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I mean come on, research, research, research, not "Hey hold my beer!"

Did you see one of the later posts in reference to his other "tests"

ArevaloSOCOM: Learning the expensive lessons so we don't have to...

1. Don't put your silencer on an AK47 without getting it threaded properly
2. Don't put your 37mm launcher on your expensive rail system and fire slugs
3. Don't buy the 9 shot and mill it down to fit

Anything else?

smile.gif

Hey, at least you have cool toys. I mean, if you are going to blow something up, it might as well be something awesome.